Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering about the general stability of the standard RZR.....I'd like to increase it's width for a bit more stability without going to a $2,000 +2 kit. What are my options? I've heard spacers screw up the suspension geometry, but I don't know. BTW I'd would be using the Racer Tech 2" lift as well. What have you guys done to increase stance?? Been seeing a lot of rolled standard RZRs lately on You Tube.

·
Registered
394 Posts
What I was running before LT with NO PROBLEMS was 14" crusher rims which are offset 3 inches and 26" maxxis bighorns. That put me at 56". Then put on racertech 2" lift and progressive springs for clearance and then 2" wheel spacers all around. I think I was about 59" wide and had great balance and clearance. But think about that set-up and cost to do it. You could get the wheels and tires cheaper, lets say $600 new. Wheel spacers $100-$200 depending on brand and if new or used. Racertech lift I think around $250. Progressive springs (not something you definately need but I highly recommend) $400. TOTAL: around $1,500. And you still will want a better ride. I've been where your at and I say wait save and get the +2 kit if thats what you want. Call ZBROZ racing they will work with you on pricing. My 2 cents. Good Luck.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Call Bones at OMF in Riverside, CA. He is a site vendor here on the board. He will set you up with an awesome set of beadlock wheels. I recommend leaving the front wheel stock dimensions to keep your steering as quick and responsive as possible, pretty sure that its a 12x6 (std offset) then in the back, go with a 12x10 in wheel with a 3/7 offset. This will give you more than enough stability so you can drift it all day long without worrying about a tip over. I will tell you this, your lift is not going to help you if you are concerned about a roll-over.

·
Registered
509 Posts
I will tell you this, your lift is not going to help you if you are concerned about a roll-over.
Exactly what I was thinking. If I remember right for every 1" you raise you need to go wider by the same amount or double I can't remember to maintain the same stability. If you are concerned now it will only get worse by lifting it. My sand tires are mounted on ITP wheels and they have a 2" offset built in making the buggy 4" wider my stock dirt tires are on the black stock rims and in the dirt it feels tippy to me mine is all stock for now but I have the +4" kit on order with Zbros right now with the Exit 01 shocks I am really looking forward to the added stability but I am sacrificing my narrow width. My .02

Mike

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
But think about that set-up and cost to do it.....Good Luck.
This was my final attempt at a decision to go S or not. Thinking I gotta go S and just suck up the loss of some particular super tight trails. Might have to expand my riding range a bit. Kind of spoiled here in Maine. A one hour drive for great riding is a big deal. :)

Edit: Forgot to mention that I have Polaris track kit and I need to maintain factory a-arms so the mounting kit still works.

·
Vendor
969 Posts
Hopefully you come to a decision and your happy with it. I can say, dont short yourself in the suspension, stability department. As anyone witht suspension upgrades will tell you, "It's the best money you can spend". If the "S" is what you want, just get it now rather then regret it later. Good luck, let me know if we can help with anything.

Chris,
Zbroz Racing

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good luck, let me know if we can help with anything. Chris, Zbroz Racing
Thanks Chris. Appreciate your input.

Found a nice LE S for a great price and a great trade on my current 4wheeler. Hoping to settle the deal today, but not sure if time will allow.

I'm sure there will be Zbroz accessories I'll want.. :)

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Fun, first you need to decide if you need to stay or return to the 50" width for some areas. I'm currently looking @ my std RZR on my trailer with stock tires and a 2" lift. I'm leaving for Utah this weekend and riding the Piaute trail system where there is a 50" max width requirement.
For the other 95% of the time I will re-install my 2" spacers and Pittbull Rockers to take me out to around 56" which is a really sweet ride, by the way I alsohave a set of Walker Evens shocks and springs, 4900 miles sofar.
John

·
Geezer with Joey
519 Posts
Fun, first you need to decide if you need to stay or return to the 50" width for some areas. I'm currently looking @ my std RZR on my trailer with stock tires and a 2" lift. I'm leaving for Utah this weekend and riding the Piaute trail system where there is a 50" max width requirement.
For the other 95% of the time I will re-install my 2" spacers and Pittbull Rockers to take me out to around 56" which is a really sweet ride, by the way I alsohave a set of Walker Evens shocks and springs, 4900 miles sofar.
John
I'm at 55" on,back with my 14 in pure polaris alum wheels, no spacers, and Big Horn 12x26.afcoMT2 progressive springs I'm happy My 50" alternative stock offset Pure polaris alum wheels have original equipment 12x10 Maxxis 2 ply tires. They have some tread left, but I don't like them. The fronts are 2 " narrower. No lift. John as a 50" alternative would you just go Big horn same size ,or what alternative? I know we've been to this subject in the past, no to 25.5 Pitt bull, but few seem knowledgeable about 50". You are! Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts