Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can a stator be replaced on an 08 with out pulling the engine?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
check the service manual.
Thanks for your great advise, I did... the service manual shows and explains the whole engine while on a bench... But I know you don't need to remove it to change the plugs or many other items on the engine.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Can a stator be replaced on an 08 with out pulling the engine?
No. The engine needs to be pulled to perform this task. One difference though compared to what the service manual states -- The engine can be pulled without pulling the complete drivetrain.

Now -- The real question ...... Why are you asking this question ??

There's usually only one reason as to why the stator is replaced. That is -- When one twists the endbell of the crank - To which the flywheel is attached and this then does not run true and takes out the stationary stator. When this is the case -- During the engine rebuild it is just a routing matter replacing the flywheel and stator.

IF -- Your having charging issues ..... And I suspect this may be your reason as you've an '08 -- I suggest installing an alternator to take care of this issue. Very easy to install and is a bit cheaper than replacing the stator/flywheel -- Not to mention the work involved to R&R the engine.

Also - An alternator puts out twice the amperage of the stator.

I hope this answer better addresses your origional query .. .. :)

:ride:

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Sparky. I have been having issues with my charging system. The first thing I did was to replace and relocate my regulator. No help with this fix for now. I attempted to check out the stator last night with a meter and it looks like I may have one bad leg, thats only if I was doing it right. during one of my voltage tests I did notice that the ground wire was a little warm. So I removed, inspected and put it back on and went out for a short ride late last night. So far The lights are staying bright and I'm not seeing the fluctuating brightness with my dash lights.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts