Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put a new crank in put it back togather started it up and rode about an hour or so, ran great, put it away and got it out the next weekend , it would start and idle but that is all it will do. I found a local guy with a parts RZR , took all the electronic componenents and changed them and still the same thing. It is a 2008 model

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
it would start and idle but that is all it will do. Ok what happend after idle? Need more discription of your problem. The simple thought is the TPS slipped. We need more information.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It will start fine and will idle but when you give it gas it will just die. I have tried adjusting the TPS with no change. I have even changed the throttle body and TPS with a unit from a parts RZR of the same year. I have also changed the CPU, the coil and plug wires and the sensor in the air intake. It has good fuel pressure. It ran fine when I parked it and started the problem 1 week later.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
The fuel pressure at idle? And the fuel pressure under acceleration is? TPS voltage is? If it's too rich it won't work right. Air filter clean? And is the fuel fresh? Not a lot of answer, just things to think about.

·
Registered
65 Posts
My '08 recently did the same thing although I'd not done any engine mods. For mine, it was bad fuel or water in fuel...........a can of HEET fixed the issue and I've had no issues 3 tanks later. Same idle but inability to give it gas and accelerate.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The fuel is not fresh about 6 to 8 months old, although it did run fine the week before. I will need to get a fuel pressure tester to check the pressure properly. Air filter is clean. Is there an easy way to check the TPS voltage without buying a test harness from Polaris? I am going to drain the old gas and put new gas in it tonight.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Siphoned out the old gas and put in 5 gallons of fresh gas with some fuel injecter cleaner, still no change. I need to get a fuel pressure tester with the right fitting to check the pressure.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got it fixed. Tried everything that was sugested but none of it worked. It ended up being a bad crank position sensor even though it checked good with a meter. Put a new one in and it ran fine. Thanks for all the input.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Got it fixed. Tried everything that was sugested but none of it worked. It ended up being a bad crank position sensor even though it checked good with a meter. Put a new one in and it ran fine. Thanks for all the input.
I'm having the same troubles but i haven't cracked open my engine, do you think a crank position sensor could just go. only 1800 miles on my 2011 800 but i did get it wet. belt slipped while crossing a creek.

·
Registered
7,298 Posts
I was going to comment on the crank position sensor...they do fail.

And much of the time it doesn't just quit...it act up for a while and then quits.

Should be 500 ohms.

If the mounting bolt gets loose it will test your brains until you check it, then run just fine.

One troubleshooting tip...us a heat gun and gently warm the CPS and see if the motor runs differently.

And yes, its an electrical component and there is no ryhme or reason for when they quit.

Just sayin'

Pirate

·
Registered
17 Posts
I was going to comment on the crank position sensor...they do fail.

And much of the time it doesn't just quit...it act up for a while and then quits.

Should be 500 ohms.

If the mounting bolt gets loose it will test your brains until you check it, then run just fine.

One troubleshooting tip...us a heat gun and gently warm the CPS and see if the motor runs differently.

And yes, its an electrical component and there is no ryhme or reason for when they quit.

Just sayin'

Pirate
ok thanks, I'm at a loss with it now so i just dropped it off at the dealer last night. i will post what they come up with. but i will mention it to them that id like them to check the crank sensor.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
i have a 2011 rzr polaris and it crank right up but want go untill i sit with it running for a while then shoot off what is wrong
Could be oil pressure,fuel,spark,throttle body gunked up,bad compression etc. Could be a number of things. Best way to tackle issues like thar is start with compression check,fuel pressure check,and oil pressure check. Then go from there. Without zeroing out those 3 basic functions its just guessing.

·
The Lone Rzr
3,733 Posts
i have a 2011 rzr polaris and it crank right up but want go untill i sit with it running for a while then shoot off what is wrong
A big warm hearted welcome to you.
Someone will be here to help out
But it might be better to start a new thread and give a bit more info

1 - 16 of 16 Posts