Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any one else seen this befor jus rebuilt top end with new clylinders and pistons lasted a short time befor it started smokin again replaced head with all new valves and everything brandnew along with fresh rings lasted a short time befor the smoke came bak

·
Premium Member
41,099 Posts
Welcome to the forum...

Did you wash the cylinder with warm soapy water before the install??? Check the ring gap??? Check the bore (new cylinders can be out of round too)...

You said you did a valve job, did they replace the valve guides and valve seals???

·
Registered
433 Posts
Welcome to the forum...

Did you wash the cylinder with warm soapy water before the install??? Check the ring gap??? Check the bore (new cylinders can be out of round too)...

You said you did a valve job, did they replace the valve guides and valve seals???
Hopefully you didnt put it together with white grease:popcorn:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes i assume they cleaned everything properly at the shop and the head is brand nes witb everything i. It bn new as well it only smokes durin take off and acceleration not when ur holding the gas steady like its passing oil somewhere like the head

·
TURBO'S RULE
1,772 Posts
any one else seen this befor jus rebuilt top end with new clylinders and pistons lasted a short time befor it started smokin again replaced head with all new valves and everything brandnew along with fresh rings lasted a short time befor the smoke came bak
new clylinders and pistons lasted a short time befor it started smokin(,) again replaced head with all new valves and everything brandnew along with fresh rings lasted a short time befor the smoke came bak

new clylinders and pistons lasted a short time befor it started smokin again(,) replaced head with all new valves and everything brandnew along with fresh rings lasted a short time befor the smoke came bak

new clylinders and pistons lasted a short time befor it started smokin again replaced head with all new valves and everything brandnew(,) along with fresh rings lasted a short time befor the smoke came bak

???

Without punctuation, and the way you explained your rebuild(s), not sure exactly what was done and in what order it was done.

Well I'll assume I understood you post to be, "everything is brand new" after a fresh rebuild.
Obviously if that is true(which I'm not so sure of), if put together correctly, should be no smoke at all.

Time to either bring it back to whoever did the work, or
do a leak down test to find your problem.

Sorry, not trying to be the grammar police, I am terrible at it myself. Just this is a engine technical forum. And more times than not, in here you will only get as good an answer as your question is.

jmo

·
Premium Member
41,099 Posts
Yes i assume they cleaned everything properly at the shop and the head is brand nes witb everything i. It bn new as well it only smokes durin take off and acceleration not when ur holding the gas steady like its passing oil somewhere like the head
Don't assume anything... Find out if they did wash the cylinder in warm soapy water each time...

ASS-U-ME = Assume... :) :) :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sry bout the grammar still alil new at this ! The first time it was rebuilt they installed a new cylinder, piston,and rings as well as valve guides and seals . Everything was clean as well as checking ring gaps for proper tolerance. After a short time of service the smoke came back it was then tore back down and new rings were once again installed along with a brand new oem head ,valves,springs,keepers,guides and seals after three hours of service the smoke is back along with oil consumption. The mechanic assured me everything was washed and properly clean and checked

·
Registered
15 Posts
I am having this same problem. I took a chance and bought used after a complete rebuild as well they mic'd and checked clearences, under polaris warranty at polaris dealer. And now it is smoking and burning oil. Going to go to dealer and inquire about it today. If you find anything out please post.

·
Premium Member
10,054 Posts
do not break in with synthetic fluids the same thing happen to me..

·
Registered
106 Posts
I've even seen some engines leave a rebuild with the rebuilder using the old rings. It could be bad placement on ring gaps. It could be to course of stone on the honer which is now allowing too much oil by the rings. If the pistons are too small for the bore aka not tight enough proper clearance, the pistons will rock in the bore breaking the oil ring seal. There is soooo many things it could be. But I can tell you with 1000% certainty that it's not the synthetic oil!

·
Registered
106 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
That is so not true. So many engines leave the factory with synthetic oil today. All Polaris's leave the factory with synthetic. Man that's so 80's.
Yea your right....I was born in the eary 50's. I'm so out of touch:popcorn:
Don't feel bad, I'm sure your not alone..:rofl3:
I'm generally not alone.......the rest of the pack is behind me :ride:.....sorry,I build too many of these that work & run great....I'll stick with what works for me

·
Registered
106 Posts
Some guys are just old fashioned.......and there's nothing wrong with that. But for those of you that believe that reading is believing, then here's a link. I call myself a new technology guy. I only started building engines in the late 80's. I believe IMO this is kinda the break point where old fashion thinking and technology started to clash.
Synthetic Oil | Myths

·
Registered
106 Posts
Sry bout the grammar still alil new at this ! The first time it was rebuilt they installed a new cylinder, piston,and rings as well as valve guides and seals . Everything was clean as well as checking ring gaps for proper tolerance. After a short time of service the smoke came back it was then tore back down and new rings were once again installed along with a brand new oem head ,valves,springs,keepers,guides and seals after three hours of service the smoke is back along with oil consumption. The mechanic assured me everything was washed and properly clean and checked[/QUOTE

Out of curiosity, which oil are you running?? What grade?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Good luck getting any answers on hear most guys want to show how big their brain is and make you think your stupid!!!! But I hade the same problem with only 200 miles on a new (from polaris) motor and it was in the head I replaced the head and the smoke stopped!!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have seen plenty of other dealers install the ring gaps improperly and out of their correct position, also did they replace the exhaust valves when you replaced the head as there's no seals on the exhaust valves and if they are even slightly bent they wear the guide and voila you have oil consumption and smoke, as othersoon have said there are many possibilities for the root cause of your problems!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts