Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m waiting to pick up my Pro Ultimate. I ordered the stage 4 audio upgrade because I thought the standard audio that’s in it sounded terrible. I haven’t heard how the upgrade sounds. Anyone out there have a stage 4 and how does it sound?

·
Registered
203 Posts
I’m waiting to pick up my Pro Ultimate. I ordered the stage 4 audio upgrade because I thought the standard audio that’s in it sounded terrible. I haven’t heard how the upgrade sounds. Anyone out there have a stage 4 and how does it sound?
The stuff from Rockford looks amazingly cheap. I am waiting to see what kind of aftermarket audio stuff shows up for the Pro.

·
Registered
20 Posts

Tons better. It’s what I went to in mine. However, it doesn’t hold a candle stick to my custom JL system in my XP1k. So if you want to go big skip it and go custom. If you want to be able to hear your music while riding stage 4 is a must have over the stock.

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
2,165 Posts
I was extremely disappointed when i saw the components that Fosgate put in that system (both stock and the stage 4)...they still look & sound like a medium level OEM audio system, cheap paper cones, small magnets, mediocre tweeters, just run of the mmill "ok" coaxial speakers really. I just expected so much more. The stage 4 still sounds good, and a lot better that without the option...it just doesn't sounds great like you (or at least I) would expect from a "stage 4" Rockford Fosgate system

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So, I guess for $1200, it’s not worth it? I mentioned going aftermarket to my dealer and he said “yea, but it won’t be tied into the ride command”. Since I didn’t pick my Pro up yet, I don’t know how that all ties in. I’ll just have to wait to see how it sounds. I hear they keep doing software upgrades but if the components are sub par, there’s only so much you can get out of it. I’m assuming for $1200, I could have purchased a pretty descent aftermarket system that would have been better.

·
Registered
203 Posts
There are a few people who sell the interfaces for the Ride Command. Trail Star Audio is one of them, and the guy’s name is Chuck Holey. The Ride Command doesn’t have an auxiliary input, and I listen to SiriusXM, so I’m going to put my Rockford Fosgate PMX-3 head unit in mine, once I figure out where to put it.

I will most likely start with high-quality front speakers, a sub and a good amp. My guess is that it will blow away the stage 4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I’m not at all familiar with ride command because I haven’t picked up my machine. I like listening to Sirius xm also. I asked if I could add it & they said they don’t offer it. Is that what the pmx 3 head will do? I know it’s a stupid question. I admit, this is all new to me.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have the stage 4 upgrade on my Pro Xp, you can hear it while your riding with a helmet on but the volume has to be turned up to almost
Max.

It’s a pretty decent system but the clarity lacks a little bit, but it does have a ton of bass which I turn all the way down.

Now I also have a high end full Hertz audio system in my 2018 Raptor, so going from my truck to the side bye side there’s a huge difference.

With that said I had my audio guy over working on my truck and let him listen to the side by side and he agreed it needs to be tuned. I just gotta find out the location of the amp and if it’s sealed in the sub enclosure or not and he can adjust it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I did the stage 4 in mine. I will agree with most of the post. With out the stage 4 it sounds horrible. With the Stage 4 it sounds good not great but good enough I don't regret paying for the upgrade. Radio sound is just okay, but when paired through Bluetooth and listening to music off my phone it sounds pretty dang good!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for your reply captain. I’m supposed to pick mine up next Saturday on Dec 7th. Just out of curiosity, are you a captain in your profession? I’m a retired captain from the airlines.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I have the stage 4 upgrade on my Pro Xp, you can hear it while your riding with a helmet on but the volume has to be turned up to almost
Max.

It’s a pretty decent system but the clarity lacks a little bit, but it does have a ton of bass which I turn all the way down.

Now I also have a high end full Hertz audio system in my 2018 Raptor, so going from my truck to the side bye side there’s a huge difference.

With that said I had my audio guy over working on my truck and let him listen to the side by side and he agreed it needs to be tuned. I just gotta find out the location of the amp and if it’s sealed in the sub enclosure or not and he can adjust it.
Already been down that road, there are no adjustments for the amp it's sealed. Only adjustments you can make are through your phone's EQ.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Max.

Already been down that road, there are no adjustments for the amp it's sealed. Only adjustments you can make are through your phone's EQ.
Well that’s unfortunate. Thanks for the info tho.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Stock system is horrible in mine.

·
Premium Member
2,948 Posts
I can't believe that SSV hasn't chimed in on this conversation yet. SO I guess I will do it for them :)
I have an SSV in my XP1k FOX Edition and I have a Fosgate system in the XP Turbo that my wife drives. The SSV is the SHIZNIT!!! Both cars are 2 seaters and the systems are 2 fronts with a underdash Sub. The SSV has more bass than most can handle, has plenty of sound volume without distorting. Keep in mind all of this stuff is mounted in plastic so expect some vibration but you can track it down and isolate it. Before you dump a bunch of hard earned $$$$ into a mediocre system, talk to the guys at SSV. The Kicker upgrade is a modest uptick in the price but everyone who has been in my car or standing around while we are jawjacking in camp or out on the trails or in the dunes, love the sound....

·
Registered
203 Posts
They don’t have anything available for the Pro Xp now. From my conversation with them, it seems they will be announcing something at CES.

·
Premium Member
2,948 Posts
They don’t have anything available for the Pro Xp now. From my conversation with them, it seems they will be announcing something at CES.

CES is right around the corner. I think it is in January. My first SSV was in the 2011 XP900. It was really good then but a challenge to install. They have done a great job of making it more modular and plug and play. They were the first in the business for the SXS and they are very good people. Another kudo is their systems are reliable and durable. Anyhow, there are more options now, as you know... What you decide, I am sure you will love. Something about some favorite tunes playing while you jammin in your Pro XP. By the way, I just picked up a 2019 Turbo S Dynamix. We were in Sand Hollow last week and that car is a beast... And you have more HP!!! Enjoy, have fun...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts