Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm weighing my options in here in my pursuit of more power. I don't won't to turbo, and as much as I want to put the apex motor in, I'd rather buy an XP then put 7gs into my 09. The kroyer kit seems interesting, advertising 25 hp over a stock HO which would get me around 80 hp. Granted its no 150 hp but I think its enough to keep me happy for another season and then possibly move to an XP next year. So does anybody have experience with this setup? Does it drive well and still be able to be a trail machine?

·
Premium Member
41,101 Posts
It's not 82 HP, more in the 70+ range at the crank not RWHP... I sell and install the kits... It's a Holz / Kroyer Kit...

It's 1 hell of a engine... Very reliable...

·
Family, it's about time
1,503 Posts
I'm weighing my options in here in my pursuit of more power. I don't won't to turbo, and as much as I want to put the apex motor in, I'd rather buy an XP then put 7gs into my 09. The kroyer kit seems interesting, advertising 25 hp over a stock HO which would get me around 80 hp. Granted its no 150 hp but I think its enough to keep me happy for another season and then possibly move to an XP next year. So does anybody have experience with this setup? Does it drive well and still be able to be a trail machine?
The holz stage 3 is a great kit and I almost bought one 2 years ago. The biggest downside to me was that it cost as much as putting a turbo on but for less horsepower. I ended going for the turbo because I knew that I could always pull the turbo off and resell it down the road to recoup some of my cost when I sell my rzr to upgrade.

I did test drive a members rzr with the stage 3 kit on it and it did perform great. Real similar to my low boost (7psi) turbo I'm running now. Either way youll be pleased with the power increase.

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
Chris,

Yup, the Holz Stage III kit works great. I've had mine since 2010 and really like the extra power for all the stuff I haul.

Turbos would be great...but two things to remember:

If you get to pushing the boost you'll pull studs out of the aluminum Polaris engine. Turbos on Harleys did that a lot. I was a big bore, stroker guy, and it was fun edging on the turbo guys til' they upped the boost and pulled the cylinder studs out.

The Dana trans/tranny and rear diff set up are only good for about 80 hp, then things start going bad. Got this from the Dana Engineer who led the design team.

Just some thoughts

Pirate

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
There you have it...straight from Holz!!! I believe they contracted with Kroyer to do the CNC ported heads with larger valves, the cylinders and pistons, the ECU and all the other cool parts that make up the Stage III kit!!!

I took the effort to drive to Holz in Lynden, WA and had them install the kit. They did a great job and know how to do the first fire correctly!!!! I was very impressed!

Pirate

1 - 7 of 7 Posts