Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased ST dual rate kit for Base model 4 seater and can NOT get it dialed in. Windrock TN has a lot of wash board trails and I have done multiple adjustments. Needless to say I think stock springs were smoother. I did get some ride height but I was looking for a smoother ride more than anything. I had done some research prior to purchasing them and read nothing but great reviews. I called ST and basically was told told their specs are a starting point and I could get my shocks revalved for improved ride. They also stated they had never heard anyone complain about the ride. I’ve adjusted the load and tried it on soft and firm and still not getting the ride I was looking for. The 4 seat S model rode smoother this ride Compared to my ST SET UP and last time in Tennessee we agreed Pro STOCK was smoother. I spoke with other Polaris riders with xp/S models and they loved ST Suspension. Not sure my issue but I’m ready to put stock springs back on. Suggestions??

·
Registered
141 Posts
If you're looking for more plushness, you could move your crossovers further away from the spring divider, depending on where it is now. This will allow the combined spring rate to work further into the suspension travel.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
54 Posts
Man, i got shock therapy cause i needed more ride height, i was bottoming out on trails in Windrock! I have dynamix so im probably no help! Try keeping stock bottoms n upgraded tenders?

·
Synister16
344 Posts
send a pic of your shocks. "maybe" something is off? and did you tell them on what kind of riding you do and accesories you have ect ect

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I filled everything out for accessories and other weights. Also riding style. I moved my crossovers up away almost out of use just to cross that off the list as well. I also confirmed the serial/stock # was correct for these springs. Another issue was that crossover is getting ate up by the spring. This was on another forum I read and was a common issue it sounds like. ST is aware of this issue. And yes, the fronts and rears are correctly placed. Im also having a lot more banging noise at full extension so limit straps are probably needed as well.

·
Registered
4,997 Posts
Have you set the ride height by what ST says, or do you have it cranked up to get more ground clearance? Correct ride height is critically important for good ride. To high or to low makes the ride harsh.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes Sir, I went off their recommendation or specs. I’m guessing I just don’t have it there yet. I was not looking for clearance on these springs to begin with I’m looking for better ride. Since original setting I have added 1/2 inch more to preload and I think it actually helped the ride.

·
Registered
4,997 Posts
Tire size plays into the setting. Also set the height with it loaded with people.

·
Registered
4,997 Posts
Yes, revolving is the answer and really makes the machine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts