Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will this thing hold and charge the iPhone 5 where it's longer and has a different charger?

·
SSV Sales
2,085 Posts
The current SSV Works overhead systems will not charge or control the IPhone 5. The dock will however hold the I5 and can be used by plugging it into the 3.5mm AUX connector.

Our Engineers are currently working on a solution to use the I5 with all SSV Works docks and I will keep everyone posted.:popcorn:

·
Registered
172 Posts
An adapter is coming out this month but I believe it does not allow music out from the new iPhone 5. I assume would charge unit but ssv would have to confirm that. In my case the iPhone 5 worked using a USB connection in one vehicle but not the other (no charge or music).

·
Vendor
313 Posts

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
That answers that question - I ordered the wrong adapter and my iPhone 5 will not fit with the connector attached -I'm guessing the extra .2m cable length is what you need. It works, just won't fit

can anyone confirm before i order another adapter?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok, i got one of these short cables. It charges now, but it does NOT play music through the connector. is there something else that has to be done? it makes it a pain in the neck to to have to open the door, unstrap the phone, and scroll through playlists. Are we going to be able to control the playlist with the buttons like with the 4?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok, i got one of these short cables. It charges now, but it does NOT play music through the connector. is there something else that has to be done? it makes it a pain in the neck to to have to open the door, unstrap the phone, and scroll through playlists. Are we going to be able to control the playlist with the buttons like with the 4?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just got off the phone with Greg. Turns out I got a generic "china" adaptor from eBay for 19.95 and they only put in the essential wiring to charge the phone and it does not allow me to control my playlist and operate the radio on the iPod function. So if you plan on using your iPhone you have to have an apple brand connector.

·
SSV Sales
2,085 Posts
********ATTENTION********
After further investigation it appears some companies are offering non genuine Apple adaptors that do not pass audio signal and are designed as a a charge/Sync only adaptor. :rm_thumbdown:

Please make sure your adaptor is designed to pass audio signal or purchase a genuine Apple adaptor.:)

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I ordered a genuine apple one should see it any day and will post my results.

I can't imagine riding without my SSV works stereo and my daughter is getting tired of me wiping her iPod so i can put my music on it before I ride

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I ordered a genuine apple one should see it any day and will post my results.

I can't imagine riding without my SSV works stereo and my daughter is getting tired of me wiping her iPod so i can put my music on it before I ride

Sounds like you need the iphone or a ipod. The thought of riding this weekend without my radio sucks. I ordered the genuine cable so i can use it again.

·
Registered
905 Posts
You can get the adapter at Walmart to is you don't want to order it. They are apple brand so no worries about fakes. I haven't tried my iPhone 5 with my ssv yet. I basically turned my old 4s into an iPod just for riding.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
141 Posts
I agree, the short Apple brand adapter works great but makes the iphone5 too large. Going to order the suggested cable now. Thanks!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I got my apple corded adaptor and everything works perfectly.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts