Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, SSJEFF here. Been an Outlaw guy and wound up trading another member on here my first 525 Outlaw for his broken 2008 RZR. It has a busted trans and bent input shaft. I ordered the shaft and trans case. I have been studying what to do.

My whole goal is to make this thing as bullet proof as possible. if you visit Polaris Riders I have written many thread about doing the same to the Outlaws.

Kyle at the Badlands Offroad park pointed me towards Holtz racing and recommended I order motor mounts. I have them here. he also mentioned the UMP air filter kit and that will be ordered once I get to it.

Since the motor is out and I am looking at the frame, I ordered a fabtech gusset kit. I am going to try and make tube brace "Bones" myself and save a buck.

I am also looking at the Holtz skid plate as it looks to be one of the best for protection and reliability.

It has an EPI clutch kit in it. Is this a good one? DEoes it need it and would it be the cause of the broken tranny?

So what do you guys think? Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome to the forum.
It sounds like you have done your research and are off to a good start.
check my signature for links and free downloads you might find usefull.
:ride:
I have already watched your videos. You are just like me in your gift giving. keep it up and you will get 10 fold in return from the world. I know I have with the outlaws.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was just reading the Holtz mounts are a little too stiff? I was thinking that when I got them out of the package. pretty solid. Wish i would have done some more studying before I bought them as they are about $80 more than the HPD. I wonder if mixing them up would be good.

Thanks for all the welcomes.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Welcome to the forum....If your not satisfied with the mtr mounts, I would call the vendor and see if you can send them back and get a refund.......Can't hurt to ask....I've heard they are good people....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.