Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Comments? Opinions?

Looking for paddles for my 2019 XP 4 turbo and these seem to be a good all around fun set up. I don’t drag race and I ride Oklahoma Little Sahara so we have pavement sections to get to the dunes.

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Looks like the ones the sxsblog guys were running in their drag races for racertober event in this video I think there first appearance is at the 6:45 mark in the video
you see them later on some of there other machines

·
Registered
54 Posts
They had a set of 30" at the Pomona offroad expo on 5+2 beadlocks, so I had to take em'. Very light setup for molded tires. Will report back as soon as I get them out!

·
Morris Racing #711
442 Posts
Little Sahara is soft sand, I think paddles will do better in the soft sand. Just my opinion, but I think these would work better on a harder surface. I could be wrong though, so maybe somebody will try them out and let us know

·
Registered
54 Posts
This tread pattern has always been associated with dirt drags and is not enough paddles for deep sand.

Probably work fine on a lower HP machine that is just cruising around though.
Will be interesting to test next to another turbo with a standard set up. I'm thinking since our machines are 4 wheel drive there could be great benefit. I hear Chapparall Motorsports will be coming out with a video of a test and compare soon.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bump. I Talked with system 3 about these tires and they are obviously very high on them. They said the SS stands for Sand/Snow but chapparall called it Smart Sand in their videos...lol

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

·
Registered
964 Posts
I bought a set at Sand Sports Super Show. Price was too good and I was really impressed with the weight. 2ply! For some reason most molded paddles are 4ply and higher, I've seen both 6 and 8 ply molded paddles, which is crazy. I also like that these will do better aka not get torn up when riding across hard-packed or the occasional paved road that we have in Glamis.

I also used to run a 3 wheeler in the early 90s with this style tread pattern and loved them.

So looking forward to testing them out soon as I haven't had the chance yet.

I too will come back and post my findings once I get a hard weekend worth of riding on them.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I run the Sand Sports SXS on my turbo S but I think I am ordering these for my wife's XP1K. Should be a nice easy steering tire and low strain on the car it seems. 5/8" does not seem like much for the paddle height but there are a lot of them so we shall see.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I run the Sand Sports SXS on my turbo S but I think I am ordering these for my wife's XP1K. Should be a nice easy steering tire and low strain on the car it seems. 5/8" does not seem like much for the paddle height but there are a lot of them so we shall see.

Never mind, could not bring myself to try them, just can not get over the look of the "snow" and "dirt drag" look. I went with a set of skats again! Old faithful for me. I have logged many many miles on skats from banshees to rzrs and never had a problem.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Anyone tried them in the dunes yet? I'm dying to hear some feedback about them. I emailed the SXSBLOG boys and I'm waiting for a reply... I have a Turbo S 4 seater.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I ran a set out at Glamis during veteran's day on my turbo S, they are by far the best molded tire I have run yet. And very very close to as fast as my skats. A buddy and I both ran a set (him 2018 xpt4 on 30" set, and I 2019 xpt-2 ran 32s), I actually brought my 32" skats to compare side by and we were both super impressed. My only note on them is in 2wd they are super squirly, super fun but that ass will slide on demand. They float very well.

Sent from my SM-N960U using RZRForums.net mobile app

1 - 20 of 24 Posts