Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I know that the RZR 4 is under sprung for how I like the ride to be. Trying to get the RZR 4 to "flot" like I get with my KTM. Like all of the bikes I've ever owned, the first mod I do is get the Susp done to match me. So should I go with springs and hope the valving is correct or just pull off the stock Fox and move to King's setup.

Question 1, Can I get what I'm looking for with just springs?
Question 2, Go for a re-valve and springs?
Question 3, Drop the dime for the Kings?

Any suggestions you care to offer would be great.

Thanks chop...

·
King of crash!
31,882 Posts
Ok, I know that the RZR 4 is under sprung for how I like the ride to be. Trying to get the RZR 4 to "flot" like I get with my KTM. Like all of the bikes I've ever owned, the first mod I do is get the Susp done to match me. So should I go with springs and hope the valving is correct or just pull off the stock Fox and move to King's setup.

Question 1, Can I get what I'm looking for with just springs?
Question 2, Go for a re-valve and springs?
Question 3, Drop the dime for the Kings?

Any suggestions you care to offer would be great.

Thanks chop...
i say #2

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
The revalve and springs should help b/c you can setup for your type of riding.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes I understand that, trust me. After 10 or so dirtbikes I understand what I need to do. I guess my question should of been asked different.

Is the Stock Fox shocks on the RZR4 worth spending the money on a revalve? Some shocks just cant get much better because of design.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
That my be a question better answered by Steve at Makin trax. I'm guessing you won't get what your looking out of the Fox shocks.:popcorn:

·
Registered
284 Posts
The Podium 2 are very much worth revalving and putting some springs. If you decide to do something else give me a price and I will take them off your hands.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
the fox are small shafts and will qverheat compared to a full quality aftermarket shock if your used to custom tuning your suspension, go all the way, but of course revalve and springs best bang for buck a great set of rzr shocks can go2200-3500 bucks...How thicks your wallet!!!

·
Registered
160 Posts
the fox are small shafts and will qverheat compared to a full quality aftermarket shock if your used to custom tuning your suspension, go all the way, but of course revalve and springs best bang for buck a great set of rzr shocks can go2200-3500 bucks...How thicks your wallet!!!
X2 on that! If you really plan on racing it or constantly jumping it you better add some frame bones, and some frame supports. Driving it that hard something is going to move if your Podiums aren't capable of keeping up with you.

·
Boats and ***s
3,184 Posts
That my be a question better answered by Steve at Makin trax. I'm guessing you won't get what your looking out of the Fox shocks.:popcorn:
i have king shocks on mine (08rzr 2 seater) and they are awesome.

but talk to steve, he can make the stock shocks works just as good.

·
Premium Member
2,778 Posts
Yes I understand that, trust me. After 10 or so dirtbikes I understand what I need to do. I guess my question should of been asked different.

Is the Stock Fox shocks on the RZR4 worth spending the money on a revalve? Some shocks just cant get much better because of design.
I have had pretty good success getting better performance out of the 1.5 Podiums on the RZR "S". I have not had to max out the valving to achieve good performance. I can't imagine that would be any different with the 2.0's you have. They actually have a pretty good piston with plenty of bleed and a very defined low shaft speed, mid-range and high range. They are responsive to change, even subtle.

As you know I'm sure, that trying to get a 1400lb 100" wheelbased car with 36 HP to act like a motorcycle would be quite a challenge, if not impossible. You don't have the power to weight ratio that your KTM has by approx. 80%. But with that said with the right springs and some valve changes I believe you could improve your ride quality, but will probably fall short of your goal on your opening post. So I would vote for #2

1 - 10 of 10 Posts