Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Custom is the only way
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 09 rzr s with a full custom exo cage made out of 13/4 .095 wall dom she is heavy the stock springs coils almost touch lol need help

·
Registered
5,685 Posts
First add some preload to your springs and see how that works....If it doesnt help I would look at getting some heavier springs like progressives from Hawk Engineering or Racer Tech springs

·
Custom is the only way
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
they are preloaded this rzr is alot heavier than most all my friends call it the dozer it has a 1/4 inch thick custom steel bumper just dont want to spend the money on springs and it not be enough spring ???????

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
If you have the stock springs on your shocks you definitely need to get some new springs. Racertech sells a heavy spring that will probably be good enough..Call them and tell them what you have and get their opinion

·
Super Moderator
6,921 Posts
You need to have an idea of how much weight you added, then you can decide on spring. Racer Tech has different weight springs depending ont he application.

·
Custom is the only way
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dont know how much but i ordered a set from racer tech to day the heavy ones the bad part is they are out of stock hope they come in before my trip

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
i wish you had an idea of what it weighs. by the way you talk i'm afraid you may have to go figure out what spring rate you need then buy a set of linear rates. nothing wrong with that, but you're shooting in the dark right now if it really is that heavy.

·
Custom is the only way
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It is tore down right now maybe i can weight the cage and bumper and see. I will check write now and see

·
Custom is the only way
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There is around 400 pounds worth of cage,front bumper,and doors plus i weight 180 pounds

·
Super Moderator
6,921 Posts
That's really not that much, probably a 300lb spring all around. Also depends on how and where you ride.

I use RT duals springs 250/300 front/rear and mines close to same weight. I wanted max articulation as we are in crawling. Just rode Uwharrie last weekend since I changed springs and I think I am going to go to 250s inthe rear also. However, keep in mind I have a +6LT and XP shocks so it's not quite the same but gives to an idea.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts