Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I have been away for quite awhile these days. Health related and I'm better now.
I would like to upgrade my 570 some more, well just because...
My intention is to upgrade it one more time, then probably sell it off well accessorized, I suppose.
Looking to go to a large utv in the future, possibly.
So, this spring I am thinking forward front A arms, 27 x 9 x 12 tires (26 x 9 x 12 on it now)... and... considering the transmission gear reduction to assist 27" tires.
I aim to take off my hi lift 2" lift kit & run my Bandit shocks much more extended vs bottoming them. The two dont work so well together.
I am not running 50" trails so I aim to 'stretch' my rzr basically for more comfort & less chop (I have 1 3/4" spacers already). Truthfully my Rzr gets minimal use and has a snow plow on it for too long... :-(
And all to keep it light as possible!
Thoughts? Anyone else have plans for upgrading theirs?
I have gone for the race desert look, but its just a local trail machine.
Bring it...
Cheers

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
Welcome back ...glad you are feeling better...Do you really want to do all that and then sell it?
Why not go for the bigger machine this spring...;)

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Certainly under serious consideration!
I never felt I completed my 570 as far as the suspension went.
Upgraded shocks and a lift kit are a mismatch IMO. I suppose pulling the lift kit & setting ride height would be the cost conscious way to go.
I have been eyeing Can Am and the new Kawi KRX 1000 for a future ride.
Jury is out and I am in no rush...

·
Registered
724 Posts
I still have my 2014 570 but I sold my 2012 570 and replaced it with a CanAm Maverick Trail 1000. I have very few miles on the CanAm so far but I think I am going to really like it.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I still have my 2014 570 but I sold my 2012 570 and replaced it with a CanAm Maverick Trail 1000. I have very few miles on the CanAm so far but I think I am going to really like it.
Be glad to hear your opinion Packer as you gain miles on your Can Am.
I will be in the SW deserts more in the future where longer, wider and more suspension could be better for touring style.
We'll see - no solid plans at this point.
More leaning to upgrade the 570...

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well with the current climate, I won't be upgrading my 570 OR buying a full size SxS.
Time to be tight on change. My 570 is pretty close atm for general use.
So... my spring plans are to dial my suspension, at no cost! Pull my Hilifter 2' lift, and run my Bandit shocks much taller in their stroke.
Long travel upgrade shocks and a lift kit (lets say Hilifter) kind of fight each other. You can only drop our short A arms so far from level. You don't want to run topped out. So in using the lift kit the shocks run at about 75% compressed and can destroy your bottom out bumpers.
Katnapper I and have discussed this and I think he changed his setup. I will too, finally. My 570 is so low on miles, with little hard used (mostly a snow plow) I will stick with it for awhile.
Cheers and lay low folks.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Yeah, I changed my setup out. Swapped out Highlifter for RTPro. Unfortunate with about 4k miles on with the Highlifter proved to be really hard on the bandit trail series because of loss of stroke. I've had to reseal 2 of them and am in the process to reseal the rear two. Might have to wait until spring fishing is winding down.
The RTPro kit seems to not compress the shocks nearly as much. Wonder if it's the Geometry of the lift where it pushes the top shock out wider to get the lift. The axles don't seem to have nearly as much angle to them either.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey there Katnapper. (y)
I do my adjustments in small increments... I was thinking to pull my Hilifter lift kit today.
I noticed my compressed shocks sitting. I then jacked up my rzr (wheels off the ground), and low & behold the shocks don't extend so much. I was surprised by this. With that thought, and I am not pounding my 570 at speed these days, I decided the leave the lift kit in. Just raise my ride height.
Threading my preload rings down about 3/16", it equals to a fair amount of additional lift when done. I forgot to measure the actual amount I gained. I will tomorrow.
What I am looking for is visual. How much more my A arms drop from level front and rear. Also where my wheel caps sit according to the lower edge of my rzr. I want the edge of my rzr towards the high end of my caps.
My way of setting up for now. Here's where I am at.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
The stance is looking pretty tight. I found exactly what you described about the shocks after removing the Highlifter kit. I think more of the issue with my shocks was springs that weren't heavy enough. In 2017, bandit increased the spring weight ratings on the 570 line. I upgraded to a heavier spring rate and the dynamics changed for the better.
After 5k+ moderately hard miles, my suspension needed some refreshing. My bushings are getting just a small amount of play. Thinking about maybe sinking the extra money into getting the garage product bushings. Lifetime warrantee and maintenance free.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I hope a few more can share spring plans, or spring pictures. Getting out in the neighborhood is a good stress relief right now. I can't scar up my property too much (12 lousy acres) so show me some 2020 trail pics. 570's!
BTW, my increasing ride height combines with 1 3/4" spacers all around. Roughly 4" wider than stock. So roughly 54" wide.
Wide for dedicated 50" trails, but darned narrow for anything else. I proudly call it my golf cart!
I have beaucoup sage brush on my property. I trim it back just enough to squeeze my rzr through. Sage brush scratches! Kind of my own 54" trails lol. On the sly.
Share it!

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Superb Katnapper. I really hope to make it back your way sometime, you know your mountains well.

Shirley others have spring plans or spring pictures... Rzr or outdoor related?

On a side note, my raising of my rzr was minimal by tape measure. I'll give it another go to put it up slightly higher. Just a tad more.
Yup bored. ...Can't go to my favorite Mexican restaurant!

·
Vandal
726 Posts
Hello all,
I have been away for quite awhile these days. Health related and I'm better now.
I would like to upgrade my 570 some more, well just because...
My intention is to upgrade it one more time, then probably sell it off well accessorized, I suppose.
Looking to go to a large utv in the future, possibly.
So, this spring I am thinking forward front A arms, 27 x 9 x 12 tires (26 x 9 x 12 on it now)... and... considering the transmission gear reduction to assist 27" tires.
I aim to take off my hi lift 2" lift kit & run my Bandit shocks much more extended vs bottoming them. The two dont work so well together.
I am not running 50" trails so I aim to 'stretch' my rzr basically for more comfort & less chop (I have 1 3/4" spacers already). Truthfully my Rzr gets minimal use and has a snow plow on it for too long... :-(
And all to keep it light as possible!
Thoughts? Anyone else have plans for upgrading theirs?
I have gone for the race desert look, but its just a local trail machine.
Bring it...
Cheers

Max......if you're going to sell it don't spend any more money on it because you wont get it back Just go ahead and upgrade now. I recently sold my 570 with about 3000.00 worth of accessories and didn't get anywhere near what I had in it. Look around. I found a 2018 1000S with 52 hours on it and had the 5 yr extended warranty for 11,900 and it looks brand new. Good luck and glad youre feeling better...Vandal

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok, my spring plans have changed to chopping trail around my house.
I have some crappy uneven terrain that is mostly un-developable. But that is kind of good for super crawl. Carve sage brush and roll nasty pointed rocks out of the way. Pointed rocks that damage things.
Just killing time being stuck at home for awhile.

I guess all the pic look the same. Sage brush is sag brush. :LOL:

·
Vandal
726 Posts
Ok, my spring plans have changed to chopping trail around my house.
I have some crappy uneven terrain that is mostly un-developable. But that is kind of good for super crawl. Carve sage brush and roll nasty pointed rocks out of the way. Pointed rocks that damage things.
Just killing time being stuck at home for awhile.

View attachment 647373 View attachment 647376

I guess all the pic look the same. Sage brush is sag brush. :LOL:
Great looking RZR Max

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Spring plans.
Today was work rzr day. Pulling my trusty work trailer around. Trimming trees & shrubs... I'm behind.
But using my rzr & trailer make for a more fun work day around the home. Low range and putting around. Jeez I'm an old geezer lol. And the wife doesn't want me to have too much fun. :-/

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Still working ride height, I bumped up some more. 5/16" preload added in total all around. I am pushing an inch increase in ride height. Approaching a good height. 12" clearance at the rear of my rock sliders, 12 1/2" at the front of the sliders.
Helps immensely on my property that has many large and smal rock & boulders, all pointy & sharp.
Its a balance between going taller and feeling rolly poly. No swaybars attached but the Bandit shocks do well. 4" wider than stock. My mindset is trail rig (running slower) vs get up and boogie.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Lets see how my attempt at a quick vid clip goes... Might need a re-try or two...
Trolling around checking fence line today. Killing time.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
The boss will hold the phone horizontal in the future. ;) I'll make this my home shelter entertainment channel lol.
Limit your exposure.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts