Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The upper portion of the divider/slider is 1/2” long, the lowers are 2.5” long.

I ride in an abrasive environment and would like to cut the lower leg down similar to the top(maybe not quite as short) in an effort to retain less debris.

Walker Evans said no problem. Eibach said leave it alone for spring support. Could not reach Shock Therapy.

Thoughts?

My dividers are getting a little lopsided/squished where the springs seat so I have new ones coming along with some 3” ID x 4.25” OD 10 ga machine washers to put on each side of the dividers to help with support.

·
Premium Member
2,379 Posts
Hmmm.... thats a good question ...I would think leave it alone like Eibach said, so you have more support and spread out the load. But then again it maybe a trade off because of the environment your in
I would think that if you shortened the bottom half it may wear more in a smaller area.. IE more pressure on the shock body in a smaller area? Especially if the dividers are already lopsided/squished where the springs seat. I know you carry a ton of weight and need heavy springs so that could add to your problem if you cut them down?

Your gonna have to just try it and let us know what happens I think .. I would like to know as well

Reactions: SNWMBL

·
Registered
21 Posts
I built custom long travel inverted struts for Subarus years ago and since the body was so long we ended up machining a Delrin sleeve to go over the body and used larger I.D. springs and divider to slide over the Delrin. Night and day difference in wear to the body. Ill have to see if I can dig up some pictures but this was years ago.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmmm.... thats a good question ...I would think leave it alone like Eibach said, so you have more support and spread out the load. But then again it maybe a trade off because of the environment your in
I would think that if you shortened the bottom half it may wear more in a smaller area.. IE more pressure on the shock body in a smaller area? Especially if the dividers are already lopsided/squished where the springs seat. I know you carry a ton of weight and need heavy springs so that could add to your problem if you cut them down?

Your gonna have to just try it and let us know what happens I think .. I would like to know as well
Im sure it’s the extra weight and heavy spring rates that’s deforming the dividers which I’m hoping the washers will at least help slow down.

The springs will inherently want to bow under compression and Eibach stated the longer divider will help with support which makes total sense.

I might start with just cutting 1” off the long side and see what happens.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts