Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordering some tools this weekend and I came across some spring compression tools on a site.
Will any spring compression tool work for the springs on a rzr or do I have to buy on the atv specialty ones for $100+....
I know the old ratchet strap trick would work but for $50 I would be willing to make it easier and have the right tool for the job.
The ones I'm talking about would be along these lines:
Professional Strut Spring Compressor Set - JCWhitney
or:
COIL SPRING COMPRESSORS FOR VINYL-COATED & NON-COATED SPRINGS - JCWhitney
The second one says its for macpherson struts.....is that a certain type of suspension or is it a generic term for "coil-over" spring setups?

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,
Zac

·
Registered
184 Posts
Several auto parts stores have a loaner program. Just pay a deposit and get it back when the tool is returned. I did that when working on my RZR shocks. No cost and one less piece of equipment, that is rarely used, taking up space.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Sorry to dredge up such and old thread, but I wanted to thank Steve for posting the link to the spring compression tool. Ive used the ratchet strap work around in the past, but didn't care for it while I was doing it, plus it took WAY longer than using the tool in the link that Steve posted. For $45.00 shipped, its completely worth it as far as I'm concerned.

3 years later and they are still selling.

Suspension Tools

1 - 6 of 6 Posts