Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Rzr spy
2,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. I'm gonna be installing a new head unit later and wanted to know if the 2 speaker leads are interchangeable or not.....not left to right but one speaker's two leads.....can they be flip flopped or do I have to get them right?

THX

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Hey all. I'm gonna be installing a new head unit later and wanted to know if the 2 speaker leads are interchangeable or not.....not left to right but one speaker's two leads.....can they be flip flopped or do I have to get them right?

THX

IMO no you should wire them correctly. First off if you reverse the poalrity such as + connected to - it normaly does not sound good. However I know that some people do this. I would not if it was me though.

·
Premium Member
320 Posts
sorta... They should be wired correctly, BUT you wouldn't notice the difference if they were BOTH wired backwards. If only 1 is wired backwards they will cancel eatch other and sound like CRAP. wierd mid-high flutter and almost no bass. However, this is more of an issue if they're in the same enclosure. If theyre in 2 seperate boxes then you'll have wierd 'Zones' of sound as you move your head around between the 2 speakers.

Trevor

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.