Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes...but with so many options out there just seeing if anyone has a go to plug they have used and like over other brands.

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Planning to swap mine soon (~1500 miles). I’ll probably just do the factory NGK plugs. In my opinion the XP1K engine has all the performance I need out of the box, so I just stick with factory replacement parts.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I dont see any reason to change plugs unless if you have done engine modifications that require a different heat range. The NGK Iridium plugs are really the best out there to begin with.

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
3,117 Posts
I dont see any reason to change plugs unless if you have done engine modifications that require a different heat range. The NGK Iridium plugs are really the best out there to begin with.
Agree 100%. There's zero advantage to be gained until you have modified the parameters so much that a different heat range plug is needed, and even then, I'd go with the NGK plug in that heat range.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Agree 100%. There's zero advantage to be gained until you have modified the parameters so much that a different heat range plug is needed, and even then, I'd go with the NGK plug in that heat range.
..and unless you've made some kind of mods which require a different heat range, swapping spark plugs to another brand or heat range isn't going to make even the tiniest bit of difference in performance, power, fuel economy or anything else.

·
Registered
512 Posts
I always use OEM plugs in everything trucks, cars and atv,utv,lawn mower w e I dont see a reason to use a fancy spark plug that has a colorful box just use OEM

1 - 8 of 8 Posts