Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve got a 2016 rzr 900s and had some issues I changed spark plugs but they are not the ones from the Polaris dealer they are from advance would this cause it to only run on one cylinder?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My brother put them in I’m not 100% sure he gapped them or not. It will crank up fine but when you press the gas it dies out

·
Registered
212 Posts
If you know it was running fine before the plug swap I’d. Pull them an gap them. Not that it matters as much as people think but I gotta ask what plugs did he put in there?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you know it was running fine before the plug swap I’d. Pull them an gap them. Not that it matters as much as people think but I gotta ask what plugs did he put in there?

The fuel pump went out and I replaced the fuel pump and it was still not running right so we put the new plugs in and now it’s idling better but when you give it gas it dies out like I said. They are ngk

·
Registered
212 Posts
Well that changes the scenario. I would say prolly fuel related more than the new spark plugs. But I would still gap the plugs to see if it helps “unless they are the NGK Irridium, don’t gap those”

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well that changes the scenario. I would say prolly fuel related more than the new spark plugs. But I would still gap the plugs to see if it helps “unless they are the NGK Irridium, don’t gap those”

I’ve changed the whole fuel pump assembly I’ll try the plugs but other than that I have no clue what it could be.

·
Premium Member
7,046 Posts
What is fuel pressure, both at idle and when you fed gas? Should be 58, give or take a couple psi.

·
Premium Member
7,046 Posts
Any possibility of water in the fuel?

·
Premium Member
7,046 Posts
From the shop manual troubleshooting:
Engine Idles But Will Not Accelerate
• Spark plug fouled/weak spark
• Obstruction in air intake
• Air box removed (reinstall all intake components)
• Incorrect ignition timing
• Restricted exhaust system
• Cam worn excessively

Want a copy, PM me.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What is fuel pressure, both at idle and when you fed gas? Should be 58, give or take a couple psi.

Denver, I put a whole new fuel pump assembly on it straight from the Polaris dealer so don’t think it’s that. It was running perfectly fine and then fuel pump went out and ever since it’s been giving me trouble and can’t get it to run right

·
Premium Member
7,046 Posts
Wouldn't be the first time new parts were bad off the shelf...

Sent from my S9+ using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wouldn't be the first time new parts were bad off the shelf...

Sent from my S9+ using Tapatalk Pro

My buddy is a mechanic at one of the dealers near my house he’s currently got it. Here is what he said.

No because it would not be getting fuel through the pump. I've check pressure at the pump and at the fuel rail. There's no loss of pressure at any time until you cut the key off

·
Premium Member
7,046 Posts
Next step would be ignition?
Would have to agree. Sometimes plug wires can be stretched and have internal damage. Possibly one of the new plugs was dropped by mechanic or even at the parts house. Old saw about plugs, you never drop a plug once. Always drop it again, into the trash. Try a plug wire and plug from a different 900 that's running properly.

Not likely, but follow the wiring from the injector back to the ECU, I've read of injector wiring being chafed and grounding out.

I know this is going back to basics and asking stupid questions, but running on one cylinder is also "limp mode" after the ECU detects a fault that's hazardous to the engine. Were there any error codes thrown at any time?

Another dumb question; recheck fuel pump installation for crimped/pinched/blocked fuel line after install? Would have correct pressure, but reduced flow not allowing acceleration.

"The stupid question is the one you didn't ask, and it bit you in the A$$ (that's ass and wallet)".... [me]

1 - 20 of 26 Posts