Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
noob
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the Maxxis Bighorn's on my RZR with the aftermarket wheels. I would like to purchase a spare tire, but my question is, should I buy the 12" wide tire to match the rear, or the 8" wide tire to match the front?

I'm thinking buy the 8" wide tire which would work on the front or the rear, correct???

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Speedy
206 Posts
Yes i would go with the 8" in my case 9" but it will work. i dont wanna carry another 12" tire due to bulk and weight.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I think the spare tires on the back look really cool, and are convenient in case of a flat...but I don't want the added weight. I've never run into a time -either on ATVs or the RZR - when a small portable air compressor and plugs didn't get me home.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
I think the spare tires on the back look really cool, and are convenient in case of a flat...but I don't want the added weight. I've never run into a time -either on ATVs or the RZR - when a small portable air compressor and plugs didn't get me home.
I can't tell from the thumbnail pic...are you running beadlocks?

I use a pump and plugs too, but it's blowing the bead I don't want to have to hassle with way out in the desert. Much easier to slap a spare on and head back to camp and bribe my son in law with beer to fix it ! :rofl3:

·
Registered
72 Posts
I can't tell from the thumbnail pic...are you running beadlocks?

I use a pump and plugs too, but it's blowing the bead I don't want to have to hassle with way out in the desert. Much easier to slap a spare on and head back to camp and bribe my son in law with beer to fix it ! :rofl3:
Ah! Good strategy! I need to use the beer bribe more often. :pint:

So now you've brought up a potential problem with my approach. I've never blown the bead before - always been a fairly slow leak froma nail or screw. Resealing a bead could get ugly I guess with a slow compressor in the middle of nowhere. I never ride alone so think I'll have to risk it for a while until I collect a few more of the never-ending accessories on my list.

·
Registered
72 Posts

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
is it even possible to run a rear on the front? you can definitely run a front all the way around, but i dont think you can run a rear up front without a bunch of rubbing

·
Speedy
206 Posts
I would think you would get some rub from a 12 on the front... i was in barstow and smacked a rock in a wash....bam got the tire in two spots near the bead....i used 4 plugs 2 in each hole and i also use a small comp. Tire would be a good idea for long rides! just change and ride with no worries! then repair correctly at camp after the ride....But thats me.. Im an abuser and wouldnt want to hinder that ability by worry...:icon_rockwoot:

·
Vendor
4,175 Posts
Yes, the front as a spare it the ticket if you need to carry the spare. It adds weight and changes suspension caracteristics.

·
noob
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everyone for the quick responses!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts