Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Very nice, I like it! Did you build it yourself?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes, i wanted something i could use for different things. I also made a tree stand rack that mounts on it too. The base is permenant

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
I have been working on a carrier for the 570. Should have it ready in the next few weeks with the exception of powder coating. This mount used 4 of the lock-n-ride mounting holes and holds the tire over the rear at an angle. It will clear a factory rear bumper and still allow the use of the bed.

·
leatherman
145 Posts
I have been working on a carrier for the 570. Should have it ready in the next few weeks with the exception of powder coating. This mount used 4 of the lock-n-ride mounting holes and holds the tire over the rear at an angle. It will clear a factory rear bumper and still allow the use of the bed.

Please let us see some pictures when done. I have been trying to design a rear rack myself utilizing the lock and ride holes on my 570. I kind of like ChrisV removable rack. I am thinking of something similar only utilizing the tow bar receiver and the lock and ride holes up top so the whole thing is removable.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
No problem. Plenty of pictures will follow. Going to make it from 1"x.083 wall tube.

If you want a quick remove carrier, there are many other options that can be done that don't use the Lock-n-Ride system. The design of this one is for a semi-permanent mount that is not removed all the time. I don't like the Lock-N-Ride mounts. I feel that they don't hold well. If you want one that you can remove, I will draw one up for you that can be remove by 3 pins and still use your hitch if you need to pull a trailer.

·
leatherman
145 Posts
No problem. Plenty of pictures will follow. Going to make it from 1"x.083 wall tube.

If you want a quick remove carrier, there are many other options that can be done that don't use the Lock-n-Ride system. The design of this one is for a semi-permanent mount that is not removed all the time. I don't like the Lock-N-Ride mounts. I feel that they don't hold well. If you want one that you can remove, I will draw one up for you that can be remove by 3 pins and still use your hitch if you need to pull a trailer.
I would be interested in what you have in mind. I want something that would be able to be easily removed, so the rzr could be loaded in a truck bed, then just attach the tire and your good to go. I also use my rzr's bed around home for gathering fire wood and stuff so I would want to remove the tire at home too. Then there is also the need to get to the engine/air filter for mantinance . Lots of reasons to have a easy removable spare tire rack of some sorts. I think utilizing the hitch receiver is a start. Then maybe some bar bolted to the frame mounts on the rear of the bed that a pined bracket would be made as a spare tire rack. Other type of racks could be made utilizing this setup too.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Leatherman,

Do you have a rear bumper or plan on having one?

I should have something drawn up by the end of the weekend.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Removable spare carrier. Three pins and you can remove it.

This image doesn't show the mounts or plate work.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts