Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Assault Industries spare carrier claims to allow rein visibility?

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have this one, it has been great. You cant beat it for $260 shipped.

The assault ones I've seen break at the latches, or repeatedly unlatch in rough rides.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #24

·
Have RZR...will travel
240 Posts
Made my own for $50. Holds 32" spare low so I can see out back and keeps CG low as well. Holds storage boxes in bed (roll over tested) but still have quick easy n access to them. $20 worth of square hollow, $20 for 2 bar clamps, $10 for PVC legs to hold open. See gallery for pics.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Why have you done that ?
That is just so unnecessarily to high.
I know guys talk about seeing out the back,
but surely its more important to see where your going.
Why do you want to see where you've been. ?

·
Registered
21 Posts
IMG_20191226_134415.jpg

·
Registered
21 Posts
Tried to keep mine below the roof line,
Still too high in my opinion,
Lower centre of gravity the better.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Why have you done that ?
That is just so unnecessarily to high.
I know guys talk about seeing out the back,
but surely its more important to see where your going.
Why do you want to see where you've been. ?
Well for starters I am not the one worried about seeing out behind me so idk what your talking about there but yea it would be nice to see backing up. I have no problem with it being that high it's not any different than somebody haveing roof racks, I have had zero issues with it. Also I wanted it up there so my tool box can open with out taking it off as well as the cooler. So that is "why" I did that. I think it is "unnecessary" for you to troll on something when nobody did on you stuff. I mean I could say why would you call square tube "hollow" yes that's obvious that tube is "hollow". I mean why would you do that??

·
Registered
352 Posts
I was going to tilt it back some so it wasnt so high but I think that would put more weight back there so I keptt in the center.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Have I hit a nerve lol

·
Registered
314 Posts
I have a spare tire mount that blocks "normal" rear view mirror sight lines. I also drive a truck for work that has just side view access as does my Ram truck when I tow our 5th wheel toyhauler or a flatbed trailer with our rzr on it. I have no issue with using the side view mirrors on the tow vehicle or the rzr. Depending on the mirror and adjustment, there should be little loss of rear view plus increased side view. If you have paid attention to where you have gone, then you should have a clue as to what is behind you if you have to back up. If all else fails, get out and check out your lines or get someone to guide. JMHO
I also have access to all items in the bed. Tool box, cooler, rotopax, etc. It fits in our TH too.
(spare has been relocated from pic you see)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Made my own for $50. Holds 32" spare low so I can see out back and keeps CG low as well. Holds storage boxes in bed (roll over tested) but still have quick easy n access to them. $20 worth of square hollow, $20 for 2 bar clamps, $10 for PVC legs to hold open. See gallery for pics.
I got my spare lower :)

21 - 36 of 36 Posts