Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my 2009 RZR! I found the thread about what you folks carry with you but I was wondering how many of you carry a spare and if you do what do you do for a jack?

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
13,408 Posts
i just have a spare at the truck, usually run with buddies....never had an issue except for a guy i was riding with (ballzout on here) put a hole in one. We jus had like 3 guys lean it over. No biggie. Guess if it was just you alone youd need a jack, but if you have atleast 3 guys u can lean it up and semi balance it enough to get it changed. PS welcome!

·
Banned
399 Posts
I have a air pump and tire plugs and a spare back at camp.

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
I have a air pump and tire plugs and a spare back at camp.
This is what I do also. Spare tire and jack are pretty heavy. Knock on wood I've always been able to plug my tires. If we are far from the truck we are almost always riding with atleast one other person. Or I'll atleast ride during busy times when there are others on the trails.

·
I just wanna ride
3,641 Posts
ProArome Quick Shot gives you a way to tie your spare down in your bed and a jack mounted to a pad for stability. Plus it gives you a place to mount other accessories. I have an RZR S with a EMP tire mount so my mounting is a little different.

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
FWIW, For a spare tire check with your dealer.. I bought steel rims for 15 bucks a piece. if you really want to carry a spare and jack.. Just go to your local junk yard for the jack.. You can get one out of small car that will easily handle a RZR and might cost you 10 bucks.. Also will be small and won't weigh much.

I couldn't imagine strapping that on my lock and ride box. Can't be easy to get in the box.

·
Registered
910 Posts
I have the EMP spare mount and carry a bottle jack in the PoPo storage box. I did have to use it once and the jack was marginal at best. I'm thinking about going to the Pro Armor Quickshot setup, they make great products and i'm sure the jack pad setup will work much better then my current setup.

·
noob
499 Posts
I had a friend make me a spare tire mount that bolts to the cage. Should have pics this weekend. Needed to carry a spare for upcoming Hatfield McCoy trip.

·
Registered
70 Posts
54 Warrior, have any time to get those pics posted? I know its only been 3 months but I'm impatient to check 'em out.

·
noob
499 Posts
54 Warrior, have any time to get those pics posted? I know its only been 3 months but I'm impatient to check 'em out.
Sorry man, I forgot all about this...

See attached...

Attachments

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
Here is one I made the other day before I last trip to windrock. Worked pretty good even though we never needed the tire.. Not sure how often I will carry it.. I can remove it by taking two bolts out..

·
Registered
221 Posts
Here is one I made the other day before I last trip to windrock. Worked pretty good even though we never needed the tire.. Not sure how often I will carry it.. I can remove it by taking two bolts out..

Wow, now that is damned slick!

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
lol Thank you. It cost bout 10 dollars to make :) I had everything laying around the garage to.. I had a couple spare wheel studs and lug nuts. The hinge is just some steel pipe with a steel rod in it 3/4 I think. The frame is 11 gauge 1" square tubing.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Just got my 2009 RZR! I found the thread about what you folks carry with you but I was wondering how many of you carry a spare and if you do what do you do for a jack?

Thanks for your help!
I carry a spare and a scissor jack. So far haven't needed them myself but have used both for others that didn't think they needed them. Plug kits work much of the time but not always. I carry one of them too.

Eli

·
Registered
457 Posts

that is a nice set up but what good is just a rim with no tire on it that is like having a crown and coke with no crown in it.

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
Haha. Its a little easier to hold up a rim to mark and measure then a tire and rim. Here is what it looks like with a tire on the spare..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts