Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Turbo S Dynamix
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are making a trip from TN to Colorado towards the end of August. I am getting my spare parts together and looking to see any suggestions for a direct replacement for a spare fuel pump for 2019 Turbo S. If I have one I will not need it, but if I don't I probably will. I have seen AA has one and AEM has one for around $115.
Any other suggestions?

·
Premium Member
782 Posts
I remember recently @RZR_Joe replying to a topic regarding a code or fuel pumps and stating that he’s seen some issue with the AEM unit. He recommended the Quantum pump to whoever he was trying to help. I have no personal experience as I’ve yet to have a fuel pump issue. However, we are heading to Taylor Park, CO for the week of Labor Day and bringing a spare fuel pump wouldn’t be a bad idea for us, either. Maybe he will chime in here as to why he feels that way about the pumps.

·
Super Moderator
6,907 Posts
I've seen multiple AEM pumps have issues. The AEM pump comes as a replacement unit and has to be fitted into the OEM sender unit. The connector hose that comes with the pump to attach it to the OEM sender is suspect. I had the hose rupture in the middle of nowhere on Metal Masher in Moab. I ended up using a short piece off the trans vent line to get me back. I don't think their hose is rated for ethenol.

The Quantum pump comes as a drop in assy and it's cheaper. Comes complete with new locking ring and a much better filter than the OEM filter.

The AEM is a good pump and rated for higher flow but for the average person for ease and cost the Quantum pump is a better choice IMO

·
Registered
2019 Turbo S Dynamix
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is the Quantum electrical connector the same as the OEM plug? If so then it is a complete direct replacement for the OEM pump assembly correct?

·
Registered
2019 Turbo S Dynamix
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Where did you purchase this? I've checked for 2019, 2020, and 2021. View attachment 677506
I ordered the Quantum. I called because the website says it isn’t in stock, but they do have it.

·
Registered
2021 Turbo S 4 Velocity
25 Posts
I ordered the Quantum. I called because the website says it isn’t in stock, but they do have it.
Thank you. That's the website I was on, but it won't come up in my search for some reason.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I was running the aem until i had an issue that i thought it was the aem pump, as it is not my first one. Replaced it with a NAPA brand, thinking that was the issue. It wasn’t the issue and left the NAPA in there. Turned out to be a clogged injector. The NAPA was half as expensive as the aem but needed a little trimming and securing.

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

1 - 11 of 11 Posts