Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

Spare belt

9K views 46 replies 26 participants last post by  White Lightning 19 
#1 ·
do you all carry a spare drive belt? And if so where do you store it?

#35 ·
I also carry spare belts. Last trip to CO I carried two just in case one broke I’d still be able to continue to ride and still have a spare. Both are broken in.

Given the way I ride, I’m pretty unlikely to break one but I like piece of mind and the infamous Murphy is always waiting to screw you over.

#38 ·
So guys are just using a punch to install the new bearing then? I wasn’t sure if you had made a special too install them in the field. I carry an 18v 1/2 impact and thought about making something with threads to tighten with the impact that would drive the bearing in but haven’t got around to it yet. I’ve made similar tools for replacing ball joints.

#41 · (Edited)
I use a short piece of threaded rod with 2 nuts jammed together. A 1/4-20 x 4” threaded bolt and a 1/4 drive ratchet with 7/16 socket is all you need. It doesn’t take much effort to open the sheaves. I put a piece of clear tubing over the rod to protect the threads since it’s in a packed tool bag.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.