Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Polaris RZR Pro XP aka: The Bomb
482 Posts
I have a bag with a spare belt and other essentials in my lock and ride storage box.

·
Registered
Polaris 2020 RZR S 1000
329 Posts
I carry my spare belt in my storage box in the back. I have seen spare belts attached with clamps on the rollbar.

·
Registered
'18 XPT2
649 Posts
I also carry two spares. I keep them in the Ridgid tool box in the bed. Each have approx 50 miles on them for the same reason as Reno stated above. They're already broken in so I can just go. I gave away a new belt to a guy at Glamis on President's Day weekend. He was the tail in his group and he broke a belt and they didn't know and left him and he didn't have a spare. His wife and young daughter were with him. We helped him change it and he and his wife begged me to follow them back to their camp so they could pay me since they weren't carrying any cash. I just told him to pass it on to the next guy and have a fun trip. I did this because I was that guy last year and someone gave me a belt in the middle of the dunes.

·
Registered
'18 XPT2
649 Posts
I would try to store it out of sunlight. I just feel having it strapped to the cage out in the open, the sun could dry the belt out and weaken it over time. Of course I'm in AZ where the sun weakens everything.

·
GPS GURU
391 Posts
I am not judging but... with it on the back of the seat ( assuming your in a two seater) if you don’t strap it tight it might vibrate against the fire wall and cause some wearing issues. For that matter if your seats all the way back you might have that issue anyway. That’s the whole reason I strapped to the frame under the hood. Figured that is about the safest place out of harms way from both kids and nature alike

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
I carry 2 belts in one of these

·
Registered
'18 XPT
1,941 Posts
In my Ridged. Don't want it in the elements or wet and muddy when if I need it. I'm going to take of the OEM belt and move it to my spare shortly. When I do I'll decide what extra tools I want to have for an emergency repair and dedicate them to the machine.

At this moment I'm thinking 1/4" rachet, a few extensions, a driver handle, and two long bolts matching the thread of the screw in tool.

Anybody know what this thread is?

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
I carry 2 belts in one of these
That's a pretty slick case.

·
Premium Member
360 Posts
This is what I carry to change belt for 2015 900xc.
1 -spanner
2- 6 inch quarter inch drive extension
3- 1 1/2 quarter inch drive extension
4- quarter inch hand driver and ratchet
5 -telescopic magnet
6 -3/8 wrench for grease zerk on a arm
7 -5/8 Socket to keep secondary clutch open so the belt slides off easier.8- 8 mm socket to remove clutch cover lag
bolts

1 - 20 of 47 Posts