Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Kansas-Kid
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from riding in South Fork and Lake City. We could not have picked a better time to go, Aspens were beautiful and the weather was awesome high 80's in the day and low 60's at night. Rzr-S did awesome the four wheelers couldnt keep up LOL.

Attachments

·
Kansas-Kid
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Where do you ride at at South Fork?
We rode just South of South Fork off of highway 160 approximately 3-4 miles outside of town there are several trail heads. The whole Lake City South Fork area is a great place to ride. But it is a drive for us Kansans 14 hrs+ one way and we clocked about 1800 miles total on the trip. I am thinking next year we are going to go to Buena Vista. I am also thinking about going to Mena Arkansas to ride the Wolf Pen Gap sometime this fall or spring of next year, has anybody rode there?

·
CJ
76 Posts
I rode Buena Vista area. Lots of trails. Go to St Elmo and start there in town. Haven't been to Mena. We're you anywhere around Beaver Lake at Southfork?

·
Registered
209 Posts
We based out of Salida this past summer and rode tons of trails in that area. Also went to Wolfpen gap about a month ago. I can go into more detail and make recommendations if desired...

We rode like 60 miles of trails in Mena Arkansas area and just under 400 in the Salida/Buena Vista area.

·
Kansas-Kid
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We based out of Salida this past summer and rode tons of trails in that area. Also went to Wolfpen gap about a month ago. I can go into more detail and make recommendations if desired...

We rode like 60 miles of trails in Mena Arkansas area and just under 400 in the Salida/Buena Vista area.
I would love to hear more on both areas, we were planning on ridiing the Buena Vista area next fall and Wolf Pen Gap in the early spring. From what I have seen on the internet machine it sounds like you can ride everything Wolf Pen Gap has to offer in about 1.5 days. I have looked at several YouTube videos on WPG and it looks like a nice area to ride.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Wow beautiful pictures, i'm heading out that way this coming summer.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts