Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going for dumb question #2.
We have a place on a lake. A in sits on a hill and it is a ways down to the water. I have a couple of dead trees being removed and once gone, I’ll have a nice little trail down to the lake. I can then use the RZR to haul stuff up and down.

Here is the question. Tree guy is chipping the wood and hauling it away. He asked if I would prefer to have him blow the wood chips onto the trail instead. I don’t know it this would be a good thing or not. Right down it is just dirt and overgrowth and some rocks. Would wood chips be a good thing to lay down or leave it as it is?

Sort of RZR related.

Thanks -

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
Wood chips would be better than dirt. Your trails will be wet wood chips after it rains, instead of mud. The mud will be underneath the wood chips. Also, the wood chips will keep your dirt from eroding down the hill. I’m assuming it’s a decent incline, since it’s leading down to the lake.

I can’t think of a single reason to not have the wood chips spread over the trail, myself.

·
Premium Member
2020 Pro XP 4 Premium
444 Posts
I'm sure the wood chips would be easier to hose off then Mud

·
Registered
'18 XPT
2,111 Posts
How close? Far enough away that you're not encouraging mice and/or termites? Go for it.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Not an issue. My dad was always throwing whatever yard debris we had onto the trails down to the creek and the pump house to build up the invariably soft paths through the forest on his land.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the responses. I will be having the tree dude spray those chips down the trail. To answer some of your questions:

1. Not near the house so no mice encouragement. I'm in MN so no termite worries.
2. The incline isn't too bad and we don't get erosion over there now.

Now to buy a nice little OHv Route sign to put at the beginning.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts