1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
4,614 Posts
I’m in 90% doubt that it was him that made those comments. I don’t know the guy in the smallest bit, but I think a guy as successful as him, for as long as he has been, has a bit more sense than to go off with racial rants on Facebook.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just seems strange to me for them to admit to some degree of fault and to apologize for something that is fake news. 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Sounds like someone got into his account. Can’t imagine someone with his name tied to a business like that putting something so stupid into recorded text. But let’s see what happens. Kinda curious what the text actually read, since the offensive parts were completely censored. I suppose I can guess, but it is still shocking to me how people are so offended by words that they cannot be allowed to see or print them.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I'm pretty sure they'll be OK. Money talks and people know they are they place to go to get a good price. I have a feeling that most of the people offended by the post are probably not buying a SXS or Harley anytime soon anyways. Rather its fake or not doesn't really matter. Everyone has an opinion. Persoanlly I'm tired of all this protesting over every thing. Someone says or does something you don't like, then ignore them. Companies need to stop bowing down to the PC crowd. Its OK and good that we are all different and don't agree.

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
4,614 Posts
I'm pretty sure they'll be OK. Money talks and people know they are they place to go to get a good price. I have a feeling that most of the people offended by the post are probably not buying a SXS or Harley anytime soon anyways. Rather its fake or not doesn't really matter. Everyone has an opinion. Persoanlly I'm tired of all this protesting over every thing. Someone says or does something you don't like, then ignore them. Companies need to stop bowing down to the PC crowd. Its OK and good that we are all different and don't agree.
The issue comes when Polaris or Harley pulls the dealership from him because of it. Can't sell em cheap if he cant get em at all.

·
Registered
255 Posts
You think they would really pull their top selling dealer over some internet drama? I can't see that happening and it shouldn't. Now if they were scumbag dealer making there product look bad and mistreating their customers, I could see them pull out, but we all know dealers like that still in business.

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
4,614 Posts
You think they would really pull their top selling dealer over some internet drama? I can't see that happening and it shouldn't. Now if they were scumbag dealer making there product look bad and mistreating their customers, I could see them pull out, but we all know dealers like that still in business.
In the current times....I could absolutely see it happening, if it were proven to be true, possibility even if it isn't.

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
4,614 Posts
"possibility even if it isn't"
Yeah we are all guilty until proven innocent these days.
Agreed, and it's horrible. The effects of the judgement of the public and media are being seen more and more these days thanks to social media. We, as a populous, have basically taken away our own right to a trial, and a lot are very blind as to how bad that actually is.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Guilty till proven innocent, and then your still guilty! If he did say it I would say the manufacturers will make him sell the business, or his portion of it anyways. If he didnt say it well then I guess the lawyers will settle it.

·
Registered
255 Posts
So since the post was supposedly claiming Indians were the only ones who have been hurt, then the manufacturers are condoning violence against Indians? That's the problem I see, no matter what, everyone is upset or can spin the story. Of course I've never seen Indians rioting and looting. Every time I've seen them protest, its been peacefully and they don't get riled up over every post or tweet. I don't see much difference between BLM and the Klan except one is black and one is white (historically there was an all black Klan in Nashville though). Neither one of those agree that All Lives Matter which is sad.

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
4,614 Posts

1 - 20 of 113 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.