Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone...

I've been riding ATV's all my life. I'm looking into getting a RZR-S soon. I've gone for a ride in one in Florence, Oregon and now I want one. :redrzr:

The main reason I want a RZR is because I had a staph infection in my right wrist and the infection destroyed most of the cartilage in the carpal bones in the wrist. I can't move my hand much anymore due to this. Also, my strength in the wrist has been much reduced. It takes a lot of strength to ride a quad, and after many months of recovering from surgery and physical therapy, riding quads is no longer in the cards for me. So, with a little adapting, I can still enjoy sand sports by means of a RZR.

I'm working on selling my Yamaha YFZ-450. :ride: With that money and some that I've saved up, I'll go and get me a RZR. I've been thinking that I would hold out until there was a more powerful engine offered, but we'll see. I see that there are turbo kits and some people that put Hayabusa engine in them. That would certainly make them fast enough!!

Hopefully I'll be able to get my RZR sooner rather than later. In the meantime, I'll have some time to shop and figure out how I want to modify it once I get.

Happy riding!

·
King of crash!
31,882 Posts
after you get a rzr youll say why do i ride a quad this is way mor comfy youll find your rides will become longer and longer as you wont be beat up like the quad does

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Welcome: Yep when you get banged up and a little older the RZR is the way to go

·
Registered
544 Posts
after you get a rzr youll say why do i ride a quad this is way mor comfy youll find your rides will become longer and longer as you wont be beat up like the quad does
SO TRUE! I went from a Suzuki King Quad 700 to the RZR and I LOVE IT! You will feel much safer in the RZR esp. if you have rolled your quad on top of yourself like I have. You will LOVE it! The RZR is much more fun! :ride:

HAPPY TRAILS ~ Trisha

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the responses people! I've never rolled a quad on top of me, but I did break my left leg on one about 5 years ago. Just listed my quad for sale today. No bites yet, but I have my fingers crossed! :dance:

·
SomeGuyFromOlympia
1,782 Posts
I think you will find alot of people that are physically beat. I know alot of 'old' MXers that are making the switch. Myself included, I still got my bikes, but have the RZRS.....I can do an hour race .....and not be tired!!
Myself, my right wrist doesn't work anymore, and I managed to do my right knee in this summer.......and I'm told that my hair is falling out.

I still manage to race here and there, but spend more and more time in the RZR.....and having kids will swing you to the RZR side of things too

Welcome to the club!!

·
I just wanna ride
3,641 Posts
welcome to the forum. I think you will love the RZR

1 - 14 of 14 Posts