Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone, I just joined this forum and hope i can turn to someone here for some kind of help. I purchased 2 brand new RZR's a year and a half ago and have had an extremely mixed experience. One of the machines has been PERFECT from day one, the other however, has been a complete POS since that very same day. The one machine has thousands of dollars of repairs done to it so far (none of which was covered under the factory extended warranty that i purchased at the time of purchase). Strangely both machines have always done exactly the same things and the other machine has never had a single problem ever. I DO NOT abuse these machines and they both have about 30 hours on them now, so I have barely used them. I have been saying that my one machine has been a "lemon" since day one. Any time i try to contact polaris about my problems they tell me to talk to my dealer. Just as a side note, my dealer has done thousands of dollars of work to my machine that i had another dealer prove was never actually done, hence, i continue having the same problems (go figure). I just found out this week that the dealer that had my machine actually went out of business (they never told me this fact and took in my machine two weeks ago to try and repair it again) so i went to the dealership and picked it up and towed it away without them even noticing i took it because they left the key in the ignition. Professional, i think not. So now, here i am, a still broken machine, after spending thousands of dollars, polaris wants me to talk to me dealer (that is dishonest and has only scr$#ed me over the past year and a half and is out of business.

So my question to you all is this, does anyone know who i can contact, at polaris, other than the customer "cool-down" hotline that tells me to contact my dealer. I dont want any special treatment, i just want my machine repaired and working like the other one. it never has worked like the other one and until something gets done i will continue beating my head against the wall each time i think about it. i appreciate any help and im sorry this post was so long and heated

·
Registered
544 Posts
:sad: Sorry to hear that you have had so much go wrong with one of your RZRs. Do you EVER get a real live person on the phone when you call Polaris? I mean, what other dealer can you bring it to that they know of? I would read every word of the extended warranty again. (Not when you are so upset) and go from there. You can play the He said, She said, red tape, Stealorship daily rule change game all day long...but it all comes down to what's in black & white...:rollfinger:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Trisha, in response, i do get to speak with a real live person when i call polaris, however, its clear to me that their tactic is simply to calm down the customer and tell them to contact the dealer for problems. i never actually get any help or resolution to the problems. I do need to go over the extended warranty again. It just sucks that in a year and a half i've only managed to put 28-ish hours on my machines because one is always broken. i brought the machine to a new dealership a couple of days ago so hopefully they can figure something out. I just wish i could change my one machine for another (that works like my other one) and call it a day. I want to go ride just once without that one machine creaking down because its never happened. Thanks for your reply and i will keep you posted as to what happens

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The one RZR has given me a whole list of problems. Firstly, when it gets near the re-limiter in speed, the engine makes a giant "bang" and shuts off. this has happened several times when i've wanted to go fast. all fluids are maintained as they should be. secondly, the 4wd has been a problem from the start. i paid $3500 to have it rebuilt earlier this summer and it still does not work. my belt gets wet when i hit even the slightest of puddles. ive had a compression test done and apparently all my seals are good (i know that doesnt make sense). my other machine has been in water and never had a problem of any kind.
so my problems come down to this:
-loud bang when i hit rev-limiter that kills the engine
-4wd still doesnt work after rebuild
-gas tank imploded for some reason causing me to have to pay $800 for a new tank
-this RZR seems to burn way more petrol than the perfectly working one

thank you for your time and help everyone

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No opinions at all?:sad:
hasn't anyone else here had a terrible experience with one of their machines and found a way to contact polaris to resolve the issue? i must really be the one unlucky person to have received the one and only junk unit to have left the factory. Would appreciate any help but i understand if none of you want to touch this issue. I joined this forum because i'm at the end of my ideas what i can possibly do. maybe there is nothing else that can be done, except sell it and buy an arctic cat prowler (JK), not funny, seriously kidding.....

·
Registered
136 Posts
I'd suggest you take that first post of yours above (which was very well written) and send it directly to the company. Look them up on the internet to find Customer Service, Consumer Relations and Financial Relations addresses. Send the letter to all three. Also add to the letter that this information is being posted on the largest Rzr forum in the world for all to see and you expect them to respond in a positive manner. I wonder if Lemon Laws apply to SxS's like they do for autos?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you rayvet, any and all advice is HUGELY appreciated. i will do that. the problem is any address i can find on the internet is consumer-only. i have no way of getting my message to anyone who might be able to do something about it. I've left 3 dealer complaints that have fallen on deaf ears at polaris for things i can prove the dealership did. polaris filed each complaint and never did anything to fix my machine. that dealership recently lost their polaris license/inventory due to the huge amount of unhappy customers (so polaris isnt doing "nothing") but it still doesnt change that i have one great and one junk machine

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thank you Frank, i sent you my contact info. i really appreciate the help i am getting from everyone here.

·
im rick james bi*ch!!!!
272 Posts
Squeaky wheel get the oil eventually. Stay at it and keep bugging them. I'd be pissed too

·
Registered
544 Posts
Frank is The Man...Jesus can walk on water...but Frank can swim through land! :rofl3: Okay, well almost...something like that...:ride: :rofl3:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Frank, i truly never expected that kind of help when i posted here. This is outrageously nice of you and you have no idea how much i appreciate the help. Jarrad, thanks for the support

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I also thank you for your support Trisha, i appreciate all the help and advice i've been getting here. this forum has amazed me. Hopefully i will get my machine out of the shop soon and be able to post some hero footage of some running machines to share with you all

·
Registered
544 Posts
Well, you came to the right place...this is your new RZR Family now! BEST RZR Forum ever! :ride:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Interesting Update: My new dealer is friends with a guy who used to work at my old dealers location for 15 years. He asked his friend about my situation and he responded saying that the dealership did this kind of thing ALL THE TIME!!!! He said the clutch cover trick was something that he personally knows happened to a lot of other machines. He also said i should go over my wiring because they are known to sabotage this as well. I just cant believe this and my new dealer called me with this information and could not believe what his friend had told him either. Apparently the owner of Diggers Polaris is a career fraud and even hides under his desk when people come in to look for him. Pathetic. As far as money goes, apparently he is so broke that even if i took him to court, he wouldnt be able to pay me back. So for those of you in minnesota, PLEASE DO NOT GO TO DIGGERS POLARIS!!!!!! Question at this point is, should i sell and get a Teryx or a Prowler?

·
mudweiser-z71
379 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
i know poeple bash ridenow alot but ive never had a problem with them.ive never had a claim rejected and im pretty sure they never sabataged my ride but ive had several problems with my rzr as well.never the same problem,it always gets fixed the right way but if i had to pay for it myself i would be broke.i do know the dealer has to submit the claim and i was going to sugest ridenow as a dealer but it sounds like you found a new dealer you like so i really mean this,i wish you good luck in the future.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts