Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just posting up some pics of our RZR4 after our last renter had his fun with it. His story is, he was doing 15 mph, and the rear tire lost air pressure so it just rolled 3 times. (holding my tongue) I dont think Ill get rzr of the month with this one :rofl3:

G

·
That sucks! You know guys drive rentals like they stole 'em..no respect for other peoples property.
But on a good note it looks like the Cage held up VERY well IMO for 3 rolls compared to what I have seen the 2 seaters look like after even 1 roll.
What happened on the RR looks like the spanner nuts on the shock broke?

Edit..wonder if the spanner nuts gave out BEFORE the roll and that is what he interpreted as the tire loosing air??? Hmmmm..too many jumps maybe?

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That sucks! You know guys drive rentals like they stole 'em..no respect for other peoples property.
But on a good note it looks like the Cage held up VERY well IMO for 3 rolls compared to what I have seen the 2 seaters look like after even 1 roll.

Edit..wonder if the spanner nuts gave out BEFORE the roll and that is what he interpreted as the tire loosing air??? Hmmmm..too many jumps maybe?
actually the shock mount to the frame is broke. So that shock has no tension on it. Its just sprung up to the bed.

G

·

actually the shock mount to the frame is broke. So that shock has no tension on it. Its just sprung up to the bed.
Damn! Pics? What was he doing jumping with 4 people on board..hmmm might better look at mine:rofl3:

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

well we put the majority of the hours on this one ourselves, and we did not jump it at all. The one and only other rental went to duck creek utah, which there isnt really any jumping, and I think that guy only put less than 3 hrs total on it. But its the shock mount that is broken. Every wheel is dinged up pretty bad with some pretty deep wounds. It looks to my like they were really taking it through some chit!! This machine was like brand new condition before it went out... not a scratch .

G

·
Did the welds tear?...just curious excatly how it broke? Isn't the beefiest shock mount in the world for sure..but the angle that the shock sits at it looks like it would take a good force to tear the mount off..bend one..I could see that...rip it off..DAMN!

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Did the welds tear?...just curious excatly how it broke? Isn't the beefiest shock mount in the world for sure..but the angle that the shock sits at it looks like it would take a good force to tear the mount off..bend one..I could see that...rip it off..DAMN!
actually just the ears around the shock bolt hole ripped off. I will try post pics later of it. part of the bolt hole is still there. It seems a little crazy how it broke.

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
so what happens now? Insurance??? His, yours???
well our insurance covers it. Each renter pays a fee to be added to our insurance. Its getting totaled out, so not so good for us this early in business. We will be buying it back and we will repair it ourselves im sure for a fraction of the cost. So far it doesnt look like the frame is bent. I guess I wont know until I can dig farther into it. We cant touch it, until its completely settled though. If nothing else, its got a ton of good parts on it, only being a 35 hr machine

G

·
so what happens now? Insurance??? His, yours???
well our insurance covers it. Each renter pays a fee to be added to our insurance. Its getting totaled out, so not so good for us this early in business. We will be buying it back and we will repair it ourselves im sure for a fraction of the cost. So far it doesnt look like the frame is bent. I guess I wont know until I can dig farther into it. We cant touch it, until its completely settled though. If nothing else, its got a ton of good parts on it, only being a 35 hr machine
I bet it is fine frame wise..likely put new shock mount on it and repair the cosmetic damage ect and be good to go.
Things I would think about if I were in your line of business would be..1) Replace the cage even if it doesn't have a scratch...god forbid the next renter is another knucklehead and does something dumb and that cage fails after having been in an "accident"....
2) Will you be able to insure it for rental use if it is has been rated a "total loss"..

·
Registered
999 Posts
Do you want that extra rental insurance on this here RZR 4 ?

"Yes sir I do, this RZR is going to see more air time than a skate board at the X games!!!!

·
Registered
7,135 Posts
Here's my take on it, even though it's none of my business. If he talked about suing, then likely the machine did suffer some major component failure. If he's NOT talking about legal action, then he knows he's at fault by operating the machine in an unsafe manner. And we ALL know exactly what that manner is. Rest assured, your insurance company will ask very specific questions to all those in attendance. They will draw their own conclusions and go from there. Try taking a 2010 Buick Lacrosse back to Enterprise looking that rough, and getting a free pass. Won't happen! Good luck with your situation.
I know guys that brag about beating the daylights out of anything they rent, and then laugh about it. I just give them the dead straight stare, and they know how I feel about that statement.

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
A few years ago we rented jeeps at some sand dunes.. First thing the rental people said was don't jump them.. I'm pretty sure I got mine 3-4 feet off the ground.. Its just the nature of the beast. Thats why its hard to find places that rent toys and motorhomes.
That said.. If the spanner nut broke on that shock before he rolled it could have Very easily caused him to roll even at low speed since he was just renting it and probably wasn't very use to the machine.. I know it only had 35 hours on the machine. But IMHO 1 hour of rental use is probably like 10 hours of owner use..

·
Registered
273 Posts
Just posting up some pics of our RZR4 after our last renter had his fun with it. His story is, he was doing 15 mph, and the rear tire lost air pressure so it just rolled 3 times. (holding my tongue) I dont think Ill get rzr of the month with this one :rofl3:

Troy,

Tell me it's replacement is in the background and your renters haven't totaled another one. Is that the new shop?

Eli

1 - 20 of 51 Posts