Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my S out yesterday for the first time. I was hoping to do something milder, but I ended up going up a pretty steep, rock crawling trail. I made it up OK, but was worried about coming down. But coming down the rocky trail turned out to be easier. The S seems much easier to come down a steep rocky hill than going up. I think this is maybe because you can control the speed downhill a lot easier.
I am more used to 4-wheeler (jeeps etc) that have an extra low gear for rock crawiling. So maybe someday, if wishes come true, Polaris can add an extra low rock crawling gear.

Great brakes for sure on the RZR's. I was kind of worried about the brakes, but they held really well with no fade.

I can see why people get half-doors. Those web nets are kind of a pain to use...

I need to get more storage, maybe a gear bag strapped down to the back would be a cheap solution for now.

The Maxxis bighorns are great tires. Hit all sorts of sharp rocks, and they help up wonderful.

I noticed going up steep hills, you really need to be in low gear. Hi-gear kinda lacks the torque after awhile.

Overall, I was really impressed.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I took my S out yesterday for the first time. I was hoping to do something milder, but I ended up going up a pretty steep, rock crawling trail. I made it up OK, but was worried about coming down. But coming down the rocky trail turned out to be easier. The S seems much easier to come down a steep rocky hill than going up. I think this is maybe because you can control the speed downhill a lot easier.
I am more used to 4-wheeler (jeeps etc) that have an extra low gear for rock crawiling. So maybe someday, if wishes come true, Polaris can add an extra low rock crawling gear.

Great brakes for sure on the RZR's. I was kind of worried about the brakes, but they held really well with no fade.

I can see why people get half-doors. Those web nets are kind of a pain to use...

I need to get more storage, maybe a gear bag strapped down to the back would be a cheap solution for now.

The Maxxis bighorns are great tires. Hit all sorts of sharp rocks, and they help up wonderful.

I noticed going up steep hills, you really need to be in low gear. Hi-gear kinda lacks the torque after awhile.

Overall, I was really impressed.
Always use low gear when climbing and traveling less than 10mph. If you don't you will become very good at changing belts.:rofl3:
Congrats and glad you had a great first run:ride: Keep the rubberside down and drive it like ya stole it:ride:

·
Premium Member
2,951 Posts
Always use low gear when climbing and traveling less than 10mph. If you don't you will become very good at changing belts.
Congrats and glad you had a great first run Keep the rubberside down and drive it like ya stole it

X2

·
Desert Rat
2,118 Posts
Thank Gawd for Pro Armor....:rofl3:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts