Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know this is a loaded question but I had to ask to get a good consences of what everyone is thinking.

Fox has the new 2.5's
Cognito has them also with their valving
King has a set of 2.0's that can be converted to 2.5 res
Walker Evans has a set of 2.5's also.

After talking with Fox they say run 2.5's H/L speed comp adj and rebound adj.with dual rate springs front and rear. The link below shows shock. $3000 a set of 4
Polaris RZR XP 900 All Rear - 2.5 PODIUM-X | FOX

Cognito say run Fox set up with 2.5's on rear and 2.0 front. dual rate springs i think.

Kings I'm not sure on. But the link shows a single spring but I believe they have dual springs now, and are 2.0 but can be 2.5 remoto res on request
http://www.kingshocks.com/products/utv/polaris-utv/

Walker Evans are 2.5's also and from what I'm reading they seem to be pretty spot on right out of the box.
http://walkerevansracing.com/products/5-polaris-rzr-xp-900-20-25-oe-needle-shocks.html

Help me through this madness please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
41,099 Posts
I know this is a loaded question but I had to ask to get a good consences of what everyone is thinking.

Fox has the new 2.5's
Cognito has them also with their valving
King has a set of 2.0's that can be converted to 2.5 res
Walker Evans has a set of 2.5's also.

After talking with Fox they say run 2.5's H/L speed comp adj and rebound adj.with dual rate springs front and rear. The link below shows shock. $3000 a set of 4
Polaris RZR XP 900 All Rear - 2.5 PODIUM-X | FOX

Cognito say run Fox set up with 2.5's on rear and 2.0 front. dual rate springs i think.

Kings I'm not sure on.
King Shocks Polaris RZR Adjustable Performance UTV Shocks « King Off-Road UTV Bolt-On Shocks : kingshocks.com

Walker Evans are 2.5's also and from what I'm reading they seem to be pretty spot on right out of the box.
Polaris RZR XP UTV 2.0/ 2.5 OE Needle Coil Over Shocks

Help me through this madness please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There isn't 1 correct shock for everyone... Pick the color you like and you can't go wrong with any of these mfg's...

·
Registered
681 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Well after talking with Brian at WER ( Walker Evans Racings ) I feel quite a bit better. This guy was as cool as it gets and was more than willing to help with anything I asked him. He was a complete pleasure to deal with. He spoke in terms I could understand and just laid it all out there for me to be able to see just what he was saying. I asked about the shock they sale on their sight and the shock they built for Polaris to go on the 2013 WE edition. He explained the differences and said he could sale me either one but said the shock they have on the web sight was quite a bit better and was the same shock RJ Anderson was running in the works series. He did say that the shock on the 2013 XP WE edition was pretty Bad ass and was no slouch and was a ton better than the stock Fox set up on the XP's. He also said he could do them in a Black silver finish to better match my VooDoo color scheme. This would be a 2.5 for the rear and a 2.0 for the front. He said that the 2.5 was overkill for the front and with the valving they used the 2.0's work awesome and could handle anything I could throw at them. He said it would be a waste of $$$ to do the 2.5's on the front when the 2.0's worked so well. He told me they had tried to melt the 2.0's on the front and could not get them to fade with the setup they have in them. Told me I would be getting the very same setup as RJ Anderson was running in his works Racer and their Reno racer. And that they had just won the Vages to Reno race 534 miles with the same setup on an XP900. And won by 45 Min. He said they pounded the crap out of that XP900 in that race and could not get the shocks to fade in the least. He said they could not have been more impressed with the setup and how well it worked!!! He assured me that a lot of companies made good stuff but I would be hard pressed to find one that would out do the set up they currently have in the new WER 2.5 and 2.0 Needle XP Shocks. Price was $2500 plus shipping which he said should be around $50.00 to N.C. This sounds like what I'm looking for. Said I could have them by the end of the month. I could not have been more pleased with Brian at WER. He really took a lot of time to try and help me understand all aspects when he really didn't have to. Could not have been more helpful!!!! That awesome customer service right there!!!!

·
Premium Member
6,917 Posts
all of the guys you listed make a great shock!

At the end of the day it comes down to your preference and the input your able to give when you order your shock. We have been huge Walker Evans fans for years because of the service we receive and the quality of the product.

Any of these shocks out of the box will outperform a stock shock on your rig. But a few things to keep in mind, A guy who rides in the desert vs the woods is going to take a different valving setup just as a guy with 2 300lb passengers is going to take a different setup than a guy with 2 100lb passengers.

We do sell Walker Evans shocks and can help you if you decide to go down that road. Feel free to give us a ring if you have any questions.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have been seriously considering the Elkas but will now have to take a closer look at the WER. My problem is some serious fade in my stock setup right now. I love the way it handles the fast stuff but they just get to hot. I'll have to give WER a call today or tomorrow.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know that there are several vinders here on the forum that have a great shock setup for the XP and that would more than satisfy needs. I just felt really good about what the fella at WER had to say and the amount of time he spent with me on the phone. He just really made me feel like he wanted to help me and did. I felt like he went above what I was ask of him and that it wasn't a problem or that I was wasting his time. Never once did he make me feel like an idiot for asking a question. I have to say that it didn't matter if I was spending $2500 or $25000 I was just as important. To me that means something.

·
Premium Member
6,917 Posts
I know that there are several vinders here on the forum that have a great shock setup for the XP and that would more than satisfy needs. I just felt really good about what the fella at WER had to say and the amount of time he spent with me on the phone. He just really made me feel like he wanted to help me and did. I felt like he went above what I was ask of him and that it wasn't a problem or that I was wasting his time. Never once did he make me feel like an idiot for asking a question. I have to say that it didn't matter if I was spending $2500 or $25000 I was just as important. To me that means something.
We agree completely. This is why we are such big fans of Walker.

Please don't mistake our original post as we had actually started putting it together before you had responded. By the time we posted it you had talked with Brian.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
We agree completely. This is why we are such big fans of Walker.

Please don't mistake our original post as we had actually started putting it together before you had responded. By the time we posted it you had talked with Brian.
Not at all man I appreciate the offer to help

·
Registered
818 Posts
I have had the WER shocks for almost a year now. I can tell you they are bad ass when you are motoring. Anything under about 20MPH you might as well be riding in a wagon. Their slow speed valving is a little on the stiff side. But man. You can take some big hits with these shocks and feel almost nothing. They come with 200psi in them and I lowered them down to 185PSI front and rear and it seemed to help with the little chatter in the dunes and make is a plusher ride. I have hammered the piss out of these shocks and tried to get them to fade as well. They get HOT but do not fade. I feel like I have more control of the car as well as being faster. The tires never leave the ground unless I make them. They are an Aggressive shock and you will find yourself cringing for a hit and the car will walk all over it. My gf said I use to slow down for things in the dunes. Now i just hit them with speed knowing my shocks will do the work. It did take some time to dial in the shocks. After the springs settled, i was able to find where I liked my Crossover rings. And then I can find tune my compression depending on weight in the car. Just two clicks for a passenger and off I go. No more bucking and bottoming out. Only kiss the bottom of the car with the sand on the BIG G-outs. No more kidney/back jars from bottoming out. Hands down the best thing I have done first for my xp.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Thanks for your insite, everyone says they have the "Best", whatever is chosen will be far superior to stock. . . I'm still undecided as to which way to go.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts