Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
I think looks have something to be desired.
They have a bed liner for storage as an accessory.
I trail ride, it does not work for that.
Seems like all manufacturers are catering to "Duners"
(no offense to those of you who ride the dunes)

Doug

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
I think it's a good looking machine. As I haven't actually walked around one yet the pictures show it well. It appears that the seating position is a little lower which has always been a issue (to me) with all the other sxs's. To me Polaris has the best seat position and location. Most others seem like your sitting on a park bench. Anyway, for a wider stance and longer wheelbase machine it certainly looks like a head to head machine to the 900XP. It will be interesting to see how the rear suspension set-up works:rollfinger:. Keep in mind this is coming from a guy that has an 08 RZR and never driven an XP or a Can-Am. Still love my 08. But I need to actually get in and drive some of the newer machines before making any "informed" opinion. :). Lookin to do exactly that when I get to Lake Havasu this winter.
Ken :pint:

s

·
Registered
630 Posts
I won't go back to a mid engine sxs. Too much heat in cab, and to change belt you
have to pull the cab apart.
Ya, I agree with this. I can't say I won't go back (I owned a Commander before my XP) but it certainly is an issue. To replace the belt you need a six pack of beer on hand and some patience. The cab heat wasn't a real no-go issue from comfort standpoint for me, but more for the feeling of fear that the heat is going to result in a belt failure and I am going to be left stranded...

I am a 100% duner, and the Commander held its own in the dunes (actually, it would probably outperform a Wildcat outside of pinned woop sections) but the ITC is really bad and the QE diff just flat out sucks.

The fact that they are keeping the ITC is a real roadblock for me to consider a Maverick. I love my XP, its performed flawlessly now and would probably turbo it before I would get a Maverick. I do like the looks of the Commander and the Maverick though. :pint::pint::pint:

·
◄►STARS & STRIPES◄►
3,832 Posts
It's pretty nice looking.

Nobodies been able to tell me the seats are comfortable & haven't seen it in person.

Having almost no bed & no EPS is a major issue. Still I think Can-Am did well but just have a SINKING feeling that sales won't be very good. Too many people are assosiating sports UTVs w/ Polaris & RZR now. I think it'll be a tuff sale after the Commander, oh & Visco again? Good luck getting guys who drive deep woods to feel comfortable.

It's yellow (again) :sick:

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
i see one pro and one con.

CON, no fenders? its wildcat like in that people outside of sand get covered in mud.

PRO, it already comes with neat advertisement decals so its got all the easy HP add ons.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
I was so IMPRESSED I went and put a deposit down on a XP....:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3: seriousley if I was a duner I would take a close look at it. But I don't like it for my riding areas.:ride::ride::ride:

·
Registered
965 Posts
I have 3 Can Am Renegades right now, the newest one is a 2012 so I was pretty much a Can Am fan. But, the way Can Am is treating SEVERAL of us that have broken frames on the new generation of frames which started in 2012 is really shitty. All they are willing to do is bolt a brace on it and leave the frame cracked....... Can Am knew about the problem in May and STILL has not sent out anything to the owners to notify them of the problem. They denied that there was even a problem for months. If nothing else the way Can Am treats their customers is enough for me to not buy one. I will keep my XP.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I won't go back to a mid engine sxs. Too much heat in cab, and to change belt you
have to pull the cab apart.
X's 3! Besides the heat it makes the cab to cramped. No room to spread your legs. I got tired of banging my knee against the center console. ITC was / is another big problem.

I do like the looks and suspension. So they are at least moving in the right direction.

·
Registered
965 Posts
They for sure should replace the frame.

Yes, and send out letters to all the owners telling them to take them in for inspection. Not everyone gets on the fourms.

This just goes to show that Can Am warranty isn't worth a crap and is a good reason NOT to buy a Mavrick!

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
if I was ever to look at a fat machine over 50" I would consider it along with all the rest, if it was 50" I would probably switch, must have a real good ride. all we got from polaris in a 50" was a 570 smaller motor that has less HP, and backfires according to some owners. JMO

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Had a chance to see it, touch it, and sit in it at the SSSS (ran into Johnny while checking them out).. very comfortable to sit in and it looked pretty sweet imo. The 4 seater had the nets zip tied closed so no sitting in that one. I really didn't check it out too much though as this was my first visit to the sand show and I was a bit overwhelmed by everything else and I was looking to visit other vendors, plus I'm not really looking to buy right now. When it comes time to step up I'll give it consideration. The Maverick will probably be in it's 2nd or 3rd year by then.

·
Premium Member
4,381 Posts
I'm not real high on Can Am's looks to begin with so I'm a little biased from the start. From the films they have shown, it looks like it may be top heavy but that could just be that there's nothing (another SxS) near it to make a comparison. It also looks like its still a bit bouncy like the commanders are. I ride with a guy who has a 800 Commander and the rear end of his machine stays in the air a lot more than mine.
But then you get to that 101 horesepower thing. I would love to have one that starts out with that much power and start adding go-fast stuff to it.
This one's not for me but like John said, its bound to keep the bar high for all of the manufacturers.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts