Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for tips/advice on places/areas to ride for day trips. Places like San Bernardino or San Gabriel mountains, East San Diego County. I've know about Johnson Valley/Camp Rock Road and Bee Canyon near Hemet and would like some new spots for us to go play once the Glamis season is done.

Thanks!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Calico ghost town is really fun and they have hook ups if you camp its always fun to go in the town and have a beer after a ride.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Stoddard Wells at the Outlet Center Dr. exit off the 15 between Apple Valley and Barstow in Lenwood. Also Miller Canyon at Lake Silverwood has a nice ride up to Arrowhead during the summer and you can take it to Deep Creek.

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Calico ghost town is really fun and they have hook ups if you camp its always fun to go in the town and have a beer after a ride.
You cannot do hook upsat Calico and toys, if you want to take toys to Calico you have to camp in the bottom lot by Ghost town road. I have seen them kick people out of full/partial hook ups because they unloaded toys there. IT is very clear on the website that off road toys or camping with off road toys is only allowed in the dirt lot down by the entry to Calico, even so good place to rock crawl and once through the canyons wide open riding in the back.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Don't forget places like El Mirage and Dove Springs. I don't the exact trail, but there is a fire road that goes from Calico to Laughlin, NV. Another one goes from Barstow to Primm.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ok not full hook ups just power and water but its first come first serve and you do park at the bottom. Thanks for the correction

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Cleghorn road of I15 cahon pass, need wilderness adventure pass for parking your truck, approx 20 miles one way.

HWY 247 down by Slash X, great riding either side of highway, better trails on East side, not whooped out.

·
Premium Member
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ohhh yeah all very good information.... Now all I have to do is get out and explore... Thanks for the info and if anyone is heading to North Glamis KOA for President's day we'll see you out there... 40 ft Jayco Recon parked over by the golf course...

·
Premium Member
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
See ya there!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Ohhh yeah all very good information.... Now all I have to do is get out and explore... Thanks for the info and if anyone is heading to North Glamis KOA for President's day we'll see you out there... 40 ft Jayco Recon parked over by the golf course...
how do you like the glamis koa? and how is the riding there?

·
Premium Member
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This will be our 2nd time at North Glamis KOA. It is very well suited for off-roaders of all styles. The hook-ups are new, the spaces are big with plenty of room, the staff are very friendly and knowledgeable on the area. They have guided tours of some the popular landmarks. The riding is open desert so everything from sand washes, small dirt roads, some twisty trails just the size of a RZR and some dirt roads you could drive the family vehicle on. The scenery is really nice especially now there has been some rain. We like it for a change from the dunes and it is closer.. I suggest you give it a try and decide for yourself if it suits your style...

·
Premium Member
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Did they open those back up? They were closed last presidents day but they had one of the pools open. If the have the hot mineral spas open that will be a real nice feature

1 - 17 of 17 Posts