Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
you will get stuck but over most snow drift this thing just glides, its amazing and super fun, seal your clutch cover because it will get water in it. also keep an eye on your air box, my brother in laws rzr's air box got completely filled with snow

·
Registered
158 Posts
and make sure you have a winch.. you will get stuck for sure

·
Registered
7,135 Posts
Our biggest problem, is trying to find the trail. Deep snow will get you disoriented in a big hurry! Still fun up to about 8" deep, then you start to high center as it piles up in front of you.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
under 1' it does pretty good. def have a winch just incase. i ride mine in the winter probably more than any other season

·
Registered
244 Posts
Late winter/early spring is my favorite time to ride an ATV in the mountains, can't wait to try the RZR. In the right conditions, on set up snow, we can ride on several feet of snow. Just don't get caught in a valley once it warms up a bit...might be there a while.

·
Premium Member
1,086 Posts
Late winter/early spring is my favorite time to ride an ATV in the mountains, can't wait to try the RZR. In the right conditions, on set up snow, we can ride on several feet of snow. Just don't get caught in a valley once it warms up a bit...might be there a while.
X2

·
Registered
551 Posts
The more lift/bigger tires will dictate how deep you can go. Tracks are awesome and well worth the $ if you have a long enough season and are able to ride the trails with them. Loved the popo tracks on my RZR but could really only use them for plowing since they aren't legal here in MN in the winter.

·
Premium Member
3,485 Posts
I have had the RZR in a lot deeper than 1 foot. 2 feet is ok but after that it will dig and high side quickly, at least with bighorns on. A good snow tire would probably be a big help. A floating snow tire that is...

·
Registered
431 Posts
I have had the RZR in a lot deeper than 1 foot. 2 feet is ok but after that it will dig and high side quickly, at least with bighorns on. A good snow tire would probably be a big help. A floating snow tire that is...
Depends on the snow (water content). You could probably go thru 2' of dry fluffy stuff. Wet, heavy stuff, not so much!!! :)

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
One thing about it, you ain't gonna get stuck like in the old 4WD pickup days...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts