Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Winter time isnt too far down the road and this will be my first winter to ride with my rzr, i know its gonna be super cold so i was wondering if you guys thought it would be a smart idea to somehow run the exhaust for the belt snorkle to where it blows on the driver and passenger....somehow... i saw a post also for the canvas cab enclosure and thought that would be perfect for what i was trying to do just run the exhaust vent inside the cab somehow and it "SHOULD" kinda keep it warm, Right? any ideas you have i sure would appreciate them thanks guys

·
Registered
799 Posts
it will work, i am installing a heater in mine this year, but i used to run the heat from the snorkel- it works really well, just go to lowes and buy a shop vac hose and cut it down to length, i ran mine up uner the seatbelt brace and between the seats, the faster you ride the more heat it pumps, you do get a little smell from the belt but no big deal

·
Registered
446 Posts
My question for that would be what is the belt made of and what is in the "belt dust" you will be breathing. I would think that belt would have some nasty crap in it for it to survive all the slipping it sees.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
You'd be surprised, but on a sunny day, the black canvas really soaks up the heat. Not saying its enough when its -30, but we've been on rides in the low 20s and have stayed warm enough to remove our coats.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
will be trying the shop-vac hose idea, it doesnt get really cold here until after christmas so ive still got a while, just throwin some ideas around for the time being, glad to know that some else has tried and it works tho instead of wasting my time, thanks guys

·
SomeGuyFromOlympia
1,782 Posts
My question for that would be what is the belt made of and what is in the "belt dust" you will be breathing. I would think that belt would have some nasty crap in it for it to survive all the slipping it sees.
That was the first thing that popped into my head.

I don't think I want all of that stuff pumped into my lap the put in my lungs

......but I guess well know for sure shortly huh??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts