Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I know I will probably get a few different answers on this but if I can narrow it down to a couple brands based on suggestions, I'll be headin' in the right direction. My question is, who makes a good kit that I can install myself?

·
Screw dunes..show me mud!
1,168 Posts
Bama makes a good point if you are mechanically inclined at all, save yourself alot of money and do it yourself with the instructions on this site. That being said, Arctic Thunder Customs or Triangle make complete and easy to assemble kits for around $200. The DIY route will run you about $60-70.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I did most of mine today , after taking the bed off and removing all the factory pieces , it only took me about an hr to get the new stuff back on . I got all my instructions from this forum and with the pics included , it was pretty simple . All that's left for me to do is cut the holes in the bed and bolt it back on . Everything I found in black at lowes and spent under 50$ .

Sent from my iPhone using my thumbs !

·
Registered
1,082 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Do it yourself, and save some money. I was like you on my ATV, there was a write up on another forum, but I wanted a complete kit with instructions, with pieces cut to exact length. It came out fine, but for the $150 vs about $40 (for the ATV), I wish I'd done it myself.

As for the RZR, I went with the write-up on this site. Printed the instructions and pictures straight off of the thread, and did it myself. No regrets, and it turned out great. Its a little hard to find black ABS pipe here, so I painted all of mine with rubberized bed coating. Very glad I saved the money, and it was very easy. Probably took longer to take the bed and factory stuff off.

·
Registered
41 Posts
You can order everything from Lowes' web site. Get extra fittings so you can change it up to however you want it. With extra fittings and shipping, you'll still be around $50

When it's dusty I run a filter. When it's wet or raining I pop on the other U bend.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I also did the DIY set up, Instructions are great on it, even tells you the lengths to cut. I think I spent $50 with hole saw.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow, I didnt realize how simple and cost effective it was to DIY. Looks like I'll be making a trip to Lowes this weekend. Thanks everyone!!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
If you want to step up to 3" and use some of the OEM bends or attach to the outside of a standard coupling/90 once you he abouve the bed, you can use 2" to 3" adapters sold in the air intake sections of auto parts stores. They're only a couple bucks more than the fernco fittings, but looks much better and I would imagine more durable.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Make sure you note all the items that need to be done regarding snorkeling. Back of belt housing, diff breather lines, gas tank, Valve cover breather, dielectric grease for connections.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts