Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a stock 2010 RZR S with only 150 miles on machine and running 30" Silverbacks. While playing in deep mud the belt smoked a little and since has a jerking when taken off in High range but not so much in Low. Should I put in clutch kit to run such heavy tires when replacing belt? And what actually does the clutch kit do? Also please advise what Belt and Clutch kit is the best. I wouldnt think warranty would cover this or would it??

·
Desert Rat
2,118 Posts
Inspect the sides of the belt carefully. That is the friction surface, not the notched part(s). If there is a burned or glazed spot anywhere on the sides, replace the belt. For kits, call Holz or Dirty Dawg. They are site vendors and will be able to tell you exactly what you nedd, given any mods, tire size, riding style, where you run and altitude.

·
Desert Rat
2,118 Posts
I'd talk to some clutch people about it. As I said, it all depends on things like tire size, how you drive it, where tou use it (trails or desert or sand), your altitude, etc.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
jerky = a burnt belt, replace it and keep it in low unless on flat hard ground
Do you think I should put a clutch kit in it or not?
To be honest i haven't found a clutch kit that is very much better than the S setup and ive tried HPD and Dirty Dawg but im not running the giant tires like yours. i would call Dale at dirty dawg and see if he has a setup that would help you.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I pulled belt out tonight. Clutch looks clean. Looking at the belt it has no significant marks or wear to the naked eye. There is one area about 3 inches long that is not as smooth as rest ( on sides ) but not real noticeable and can barely feel it. I will order a new belt to make sure and maybe a spare seeing how I running such a big tire.

·
Desert Rat
2,118 Posts
The sides are where the wear is. Replace the belt.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.