Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it may not be the safest, but doeas anyone make a center seat for a child to sit on for a standard rzr?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
You could buy a bench and sell your stock seats,there a thread were a forum member build his own middle seat for his kid.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
If safety is your priority (and I don't know many parents whose #1 priority isn't safety) I'd go with an aftermarket bench with a child seat in the middle.

·
Registered
311 Posts
If safety is your priority (and I don't know many parents whose #1 priority isn't safety) I'd go with an aftermarket bench with a child seat in the middle.
I would have to agree that an aftermarket bench seat would provide better overall support, however with a 4 point harness to accompany this homemade job, its very safe. This seat is a quality well thought out and engineered product. Hooks in the bottom plate and around the rear roll bar cage. It stays completely stationary. It weighs 25 pounds, and is powdercoated. Unfortunately my friend is not making more. Heres a few pics to give a an idea if you want to build your own.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I am thinking bout the same thing. That looks really good!! My idea was to use angle to make a bracket to bolt to the plate between the seats, 3/4 in plywood with thick dense foam and wrap it with vinyl. I want to cut the out of the center of the seats to make it look like a nicer fit instead of a straight backrest. Then use a regular car lapbelt and bolt to the existing mounting plates. It's hard to visualize. When I make it I will post pics. Trial and error!!!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Sounds like a plan. If you do alot of wet water riding or plan on getting that seat wet often, might I suggest marine board instead of plywood. Will hold up to moisture better over time. Good luck.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have been looking into something like this for my niece and nephew and soon to be born child. Rzrgiant.com has a rzr center seat for $250. Looks like it's made by Next Style and is similar to what JohnnyB made.

·
Registered
96 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
TripleX bench seats allow for full harness implementation, a must for little kids, if you absolutely have to bring them along.

Slowrzraz

1 - 16 of 16 Posts