Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

What type of Skids do you have, or are going to purchase?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 497 Posts

·
www.rockmidgetphotography
304 Posts
My order of preference for rocks....

UHMV
Steel
Aluminum

Aluminum is stickies on rocks...will gouge...pro...weight
Steel..slides the best but heavy...weight sucks

The plastic will gouge, but it slides good too. It is tough as hell, I have been using it for years on my rock buggies.

·
Geezer with Joey
519 Posts
Factory UTV UHMW skids Aarm, rock sliders, and tank protection.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's funny you posted this because I just finished sending an email to Eva from Factory UTV. I inquired about getting a quote for everything you just listed.

I requested a quote for: 3/8" skid, A-arm guards, their new rock sliders, and the gas tank protector.

The only problem I have is that I live in Nova Scotia, Canada. Eva said they would ship to me but i'm a little scared to find out what my shipping expenses would be as well as brokerage fees and crap like that.

·
Registered
500 Posts
It's funny you posted this because I just finished sending an email to Eva from Factory UTV. I inquired about getting a quote for everything you just listed.

I requested a quote for: 3/8" skid, A-arm guards, their new rock sliders, and the gas tank protector.

The only problem I have is that I live in Nova Scotia, Canada. Eva said they would ship to me but i'm a little scared to find out what my shipping expenses would be as well as brokerage fees and crap like that.
I got the 1/2" skid, S a-arm guards, and gas tank protector shipped up to Alberta for around 800 bucks everything(including brokerage and shipping) Well worth it. Awesome product.

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
definitely uhmw from futv. you will be hard pressed to gouge it. i have run the entire belly over sharp rocks with all the weight on the skid and it barely even scratches it.

my new 3/8" futv rockers showed up tonight. they will replace the polaris rockers in the morning

·
King of crash!
31,883 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Love my HOLZ skid. Could not have been more happy with the fit, finish of the Kit. Shipped very fast and looks great. Kit looks the best and get the rockers below and up on the sides. VERY nice kit.

·
Registered
999 Posts
I too like my Holz skids UHMW in center Aluminum on the sides and over the front and rear diffs.
They look good and work well, I also have the Thunderhawk gas tank skid out of aluminum seems that most skids I have seen like my Holz do not cover the rear of the gas tank.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I have full aluminum including a-arm guards and gas tank protector.

I have never had a problem sliding over rocks and like the feeling of security that if I bottom out hard on anything my skid will not yield. There is very little clearnace between the skid and import parts.

I have heard lots of good stuff about the UHMW, probably would have gone that route but my rzr came with the skids when I bought it used.

·
◄►STARS & STRIPES◄►
3,832 Posts
I just got my FULL Aluminum Kit in today to include Aluminum A-arm protection as well..Im throwing the box on top of the other 30 boxes of crap that needs to be installed! I will post pics next weekend..The "Before and After" & this isnt a small change...The whole maching is going to look differant!!
< as I rock back and forth in my chair, cause i'm so busted up I cant jump up and down! >

·
Registered
388 Posts
I run EMP'S UHMW and Cooter browns A-arm protectors and I just went on a rock trail that was effing brutal.

Lost my passenger front A-arm protector and drivers side fender flare rubbed off all but two fasteners I feel the A-arm protector did its job.

The UHMW 3/8 PLASTIC SKID WAS THE BALLS AND SAVED MY RAZOR FROM MUCH DAMAGE.

1 - 20 of 497 Posts