Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Work Has Stopped :(
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while back there was a Skid Plate Template going around so people could make their own Skid Plate. I was wanting to know if anyone here has them or knows who has them so I can ask to borrow them.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
I'm planning on using the best template available, my stock skid plate presently under my rzr. I should have my new sheet of UMHW wednesday and i'll match up the mouting holes with it.

Look around in the Bumpers, Skid Plates, and RZR Protection area and there is some really good ideas there.

·
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My skid plate is torn up pretty bad or I would use mine. What's yours look like?

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
I've got about 70 miles on mine, only been on one good ride. I think it's still in pretty decent shape. Where are you from? Were you able to find any UHMW locally?

·
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm from Pike County KY. I can get the UHMW in Eastern TN but I have to find a template before i buy any. Where did you get your UHMW? Do you mind if i askwhat size sheet you bought and hou much it cost?

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Only place i found was louisville, 4*10 3/8 sheet was$ 230 add in $50 in gas there and back. I ended ordering it from florida with shipping was $268. Once i'm done i can gladly donate my old skid for a template for you.

I know i've read people use cardboard also? What kind of deal did you find?

·
Registered
880 Posts
Only place i found was louisville, 4*10 3/8 sheet was$ 230 add in $50 in gas there and back. I ended ordering it from florida with shipping was $268. Once i'm done i can gladly donate my old skid for a template for you.

chipper, got any more info about your Florida connection? That sounds like the best deal I've heard of in years. Is this the black UHMW?

·
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

That would be perfect. Hell, I'll buy it and pay shipping. I didn't ask the price cause I didn't know what size sheet I needed.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts

chipper, got any more info about your Florida connection? That sounds like the best deal I've heard of in years. Is this the black UHMW?

Yes, its black repro that's the cheapest grade and perfect for what we need it for. Sales guy is phil 727-456-2872. I actually found his name and number on another post. If you have several people needing some prices would be alot cheaper. Half of the.cost was palleting and shipping.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts

That would be perfect. Hell, I'll buy it and pay shipping. I didn't ask the price cause I didn't know what size sheet I needed.
If i don't need it i'll let you know. You're more than welcome to it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts