Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we're riding in the desert with no other atv's around. I look down and there's dust swirling up from the floor of the cab. We're sitting in a dust cloud and the only other dust is out behind the machine! From the neck up it's not bad at all. This is really annoying. I have the half windshield and hard top. What else can I do to keep dust from coming in.

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
Try raising your half windshield up an inch or so to let some air flow in... it creates a vortex when down level with the hood that causes the dust to stay in the cab area..

·
Grandpa
755 Posts
The winsheild gives the cab a negative pressure pulling in dust. A rear window should make a more positive pressure in the cab and help keep the dust down. You can also try raising the w/s up a couple of inches.

·
Premium Member
953 Posts
I had the same problem. Then I did like they said and lifted the windshield. It was tons better!! I also went to a fabric store and bought some 1 inch thick foam and cut it to the width under the seats and the whole way across from drivers to passengers side. I then laid the foam down and that cut the dust down even more. Not a perminent fix but cheap when the foam finall brakes down. I just take it out and hose it down when I wash the rzr. Just my experience anyways lol. Good luck!!

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
There is a cab sealing accessory that helps. I have a 1/2 windshield and removed it after riding with another RZR that didn't have one, haven't reinstalled it yet.
John

·
LV RzR Rider's Mechanic
984 Posts
Since u dont like the dust , stay on asphalt or grass :rofl3:
You always have great advice for new forum members.
Well no matter what you do your going to get "dust" .

Ok Ill be serious this one time :rm_thumbdown:

Block off kits do help , If you have a half windsheild remove it . The hlf windshield cause's the dirt to circulate in the cab . Back windows also help a good amount at keeping the dust down . Hope this helped bud good luck :ride:

·
LV RzR Rider's Mechanic
984 Posts
Hey i made 2 more , semi non smart ass posts since this one . Im on a roll tonight :rofl3:

·
LV RzR Rider's Mechanic
984 Posts
Maybe i should just drink before i get on the forum . . . I seem more relaxed that way :rofl3:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts