Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

Single axle 6x12 enclosed trailer for a xp 4 1000 Rzr ?

12K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  03tjsport 
#1 ·
Does anyone use a single axle 6x12 enclosed trailer for a XP 4 1000 Rzr ? Do you have pics ?

#4 ·
That will not work. 12’2” length if you are bone stock and no bumpers. Add bumpers or larger tires, or high clearance A-arms or high clearance Trailing arms. You are now into the 150-152” range. You need a min of a 14’ by 77” cargo space stock or not.

Just spent a spell modifying my toyhauler to fit my XP4. Cargo area was 12’3”. Wouldn’t fit my stock XP4 with bumpers without wedging the tires in front of the Cabinet.

I since have added all of the previously mentioned items (yeah I wasn’t gonna did any mods....)

#8 ·
Guys have done 7' wide but it's tight. 6' wide and you'll have to crawl out the back or go for the ride in the trailer.
Not sure if you're trying to save money or weight but you'll need a custom build. By the time you add in extra width and extra height for the door you'll probably need a tandem axle with brakes.
I wouldn't go with anything less than 7X14.
Bigger the better since you always have extra stuff to haul

#17 ·
My brakes are bigger than yours! I drive a Tundra , Lol
I understand the issue now. You should buy a new truck first. LOL

But on a serious note... you'll want a 7' wide to avoid crawling over/under the SxS and at least a 14' long to get the tongue weight right without having to back it in. And if you're serious about your wife needing space to piss, you better start shopping around for a new truck and a toy hauler now. Ask me how I know. LOL

#13 ·
Like mentionned, length wise will be tight. Also, width and height of door could also be an issue.

I had a 7x14 v-nose with my 800 trail. When i upgraded to the xpt2, i upgraded to a 7x20 flat deck. Now, i can haul 2 machines.

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

#14 ·
2020 xp4 turbo on a 6’4” x 12’ single axle. I had to remove the tailgate because the car is like 12’3” I think stock and all the way home from dealership it swayed over 40 mph due to NO TONGUE WEIGHT. I sold it and ordered a 7’x 16’ tandem axle car hauler . Single axel 6x12 in my opinion isn’t safe.

#18 ·
Yea, definitely gonna pass on the single axle trailer..But she's gonna have to take a piss in the enclosed double axle trailer ! Lol I'm serious. I retired at 51 years old with one Federal pension and one State pension so a new truck and trailer is out of the question. Besides I don''t take orders from anyone anymore and it's kind of nice to eat breakfast and then go back to sleep if I want ! Lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.