Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have input on the Simpson D3s 2 1/4" vs. 3" belts? I like the sounds of these belts, but not sure on the sizing. Any general input on the belts themselves would be nice too. Thanks!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Jim, I originally put in the Crow 3x3 5 point belts with sewn in pads, went on a few rides and they rubbed the chit out of my shoulders and are a pain in the arse to collect all the straps and buckle them together. I ended up changing out my belts and replacing them with the 2.25 D3s with the sewn in pads. They use a slippery type fabric on the pads that doesn't hang up on your clothes. Having the shoulders attached to the lap belt also makes it so easy for yourself and passengers to buckle up. After riding in my RZR S, my buddy bought a set of 4 for his RZR 4. We both really like them and would highly recommend them. You can purchase them direct from Simpson.

·
Too many toys...
205 Posts
I've got a pair of 2 1/4" X 2 1/4" with pads in my wife's RZR. She's 5'3" and the stock belts cut into her neck. She loves the D3's. And I just ordered a set for my RZR. So does that tell you how much we like them?

Did you ever get any?

·
Registered
160 Posts
could use guys explain or even better yet post up pix of how you attached the belts. I have stock seats, so I assume I want the Individual setup not the Y or V type?? Thanks

·
Too many toys...
205 Posts
could use guys explain or even better yet post up pix of how you attached the belts. I have stock seats, so I assume I want the Individual setup not the Y or V type?? Thanks
You'll want the "standard" type. Not the V or Y. They attach to the cross bar behind the seats. I bought a strap from Holz racing that keeps the straps from spreading too far apart and falling off of your shoulders. Works well enough, but it'd be easy to fab something up to do the same thing.
Attach the lap belts to the stock locations and the anti-sub belt to the seat rail.
I'm leaving for work, but will post up pics later today. And will put up more detailed pics when I do my other RZR next week.

·
Too many toys...
205 Posts
I know it's been a while, but since my last post I've had a RZR stolen, son get married, blah blah blah... :)
So here's some pics of my D3 install on a 2011 RZR.

USE GRADE 8 HARDWARE FOR ANY BOLTS, WASHERS, NUTS, ETC.
My local ACE hardware had everything I needed.
This is how I mounted the anti-sub belt: I used the eye bolt that came with the harnesses. Drilled a hole in the plastic where the factory hole in the seat support is already located. Right in the center. Put the eye bolt through the hole in the plastic, threaded the nut that came on the eye bolt, then a grade 8 lock washer, then through the seat support....

...Then a 1" (1 1/4" should fit also; the bigger, the better) grade 8 washer, and finally a grade 8 stop nut (the kind with the nylon in the end). Tighten securely.

The lap connection to the outside requires taking off or partially removing the outer lower panel. Not really a big deal. You'll need to buy a grade 8 bolt, some washers (I used 3), and a stop nut for each side of the RZR. Placed the bolt through the harness tab, then 2 washers to keep the belt from rubbing the side wall, then through the hole where the old harness was, then a washer, and finally a stop nut. (please excuse the dirt, just went riding yesterday...)

On the inside mount I re-used the stock bolt and added a washer and a stop nut.

Here we go....

And did I say be sure to use grade 8 hardware??? :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts