Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy bought a 900S a few months ago and complained about how hard it was to put gas in the tank from a gas can. Another riding friend of mine says the same thing every time we went riding in his 900 trail. So he came up with this thing. It works perfectly except if you overfill it which is easy to do I witnessed. It is pretty self explanatory from the pic but the funnel hooks onto the cage with a small bungee cord with hooks on each end. The stiff flexible hose fits right into the tank hole perfectly. I would have made it that the hose shorter and the bungee longer myself. I'm sure others have come with solutions for this issue but this is the first I saw. I don't have an issue with my 800 as it is at a much better angle for pouring gas into than the 900's are. The gas station is best for us both but at camp there is none of them.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,997 Posts
I use one of those battery operated pumps. Saves on the back.

·
Registered
777 Posts
I just went to tractor supply and for like 10 bucks bought a long spout that fits all my Obama gas jugs and don’t have to hold a gas jug up to my chin. The one long spout transfers to all my jugs.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Excuse my ignorance but what is an Obama gas jug? I use the ones that cost like 30 bucks for a 5 gallon plastic can with a button that starts the flow and stops as soon as you let the button out. I love those cans. I have a small one for the chainsaw and it is the best can I ever had for that hands down.

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
My buddy bought a 900S a few months ago and complained about how hard it was to put gas in the tank from a gas can. Another riding friend of mine says the same thing every time we went riding in his 900 trail. So he came up with this thing. It works perfectly except if you overfill it which is easy to do I witnessed. It is pretty self explanatory from the pic but the funnel hooks onto the cage with a small bungee cord with hooks on each end. The stiff flexible hose fits right into the tank hole perfectly. I would have made it that the hose shorter and the bungee longer myself. I'm sure others have come with solutions for this issue but this is the first I saw. I don't have an issue with my 800 as it is at a much better angle for pouring gas into than the 900's are. The gas station is best for us both but at camp there is none of them.
We use to call that a beer bong

·
Registered
188 Posts
My guess is he's talking about the cans with the start/stop spring (or whatever it's called) in them. I think the Obama administration outlawed the standard good old fashioned gas can.....

·
Registered
777 Posts
My guess is he's talking about the cans with the start/stop spring (or whatever it's called) in them. I think the Obama administration outlawed the standard good old fashioned gas can.....
Yup............those are the ones......../Just like politicians...........don’t work! LOL

Reactions: ParaQuader
1 - 7 of 7 Posts