Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

101 - 119 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
Getting loaded for next weeks trip to Silverton. Heading out Friday morning for an entire week.
Your going to LOVE IT!!! We stayed at the Canyon View. Our friend stayed at Silver Summit.

Lone Spur Cafe has the best breakfast that we found. Handlebars was ok. The Brown Bear has Elk burgers and they are great!!!

Where are you planning on riding?

Post up some pic's when you have time!!

·
Registered
131 Posts
We'll be out there from the end of Sept into the first week of Oct. staying in Ouray. We plan to ride the loop at least once and would like to eat lunch in Lake City. I know a lot of places out there shut down by the first week of Oct. So, any lunch recommendations that still will be open when we are there?

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
5,059 Posts
We'll be out there from the end of Sept into the first week of Oct. staying in Ouray. We plan to ride the loop at least once and would like to eat lunch in Lake City. I know a lot of places out there shut down by the first week of Oct. So, any lunch recommendations that still will be open when we are there?
We ate at Southern Vittles....right be the turn at the highway on 2nd, I would Highly recommend it. Great BBQ, and some burgers and sandwiches as well.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Getting loaded for next weeks trip to Silverton. Heading out Friday morning for an entire week.
Your going to LOVE IT!!! We stayed at the Canyon View. Our friend stayed at Silver Summit.

Lone Spur Cafe has the best breakfast that we found. Handlebars was ok. The Brown Bear has Elk burgers and they are great!!!

Where are you planning on riding?

Post up some pic's when you have time!!
We always stay at the campground in Eureka. Have had reservations since last April. Just had to change it several times with all the snow. We usually go in August. Bumped it back after labor Day. All the tourists should be gone. :devil

Won't be doing restaurant food, we always bring our own.

Will ride everywhere we can.

·
Registered
131 Posts
We ate at Southern Vittles....right be the turn at the highway on 2nd, I would Highly recommend it. Great BBQ, and some burgers and sandwiches as well.

From looking at their facebook page it looks like they shut down the end of Sept. So, we'll probably miss them. If they are open when we are there, we'll check it out.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
We just grabbed a snack at a little stop n rob called Get Some Groceries. We were running late by then.

Interestingly enough the owner said there was quite a fuss in Lake City recently over the UTV rules. He said UTV's brought a lot of business to his store and appreciated us being there.

He also warned us that state troopers would likely issue tickets on any violations. I guess mostly you can't ride on 149 except from 2nd street South to the turn off at San Crisobal Lake that takes you to Cinnamon Pass.

We saw no law enforcement in Lake City.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
Thank you for the video. It's amazing the plow people were able to get through with some of those large trees in the snow fields.
The rig we saw cutting through another avalanche section was a giant CAT loader. We also saw CAT drop off a brand new D6XL at the county barn so I guess the regular plows just keep the roads clear when it snows.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
Here's a pic inside the Lone Spur Cafe.
20190827_081419.jpg

And looking down on Animas Forks headed to Engineer Pass.
20190827_122003.jpg

·
Registered
174 Posts
Is the ATV Trail 821 passable in a SxS? Looking at Stony Pass, ATV Trail 821, and Cinnamon Pass trail route. Looks like approx at 81 miles. If so, which direction offers the best challenge?

·
Registered
667 Posts
Good info in here our group is going to silverton the last week of august think we are all staying at the grand imperial hotel? something like that.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Bump..... Is the ATV Trail 821 (Wager Gulch) passable in a SxS between Stony Pass and Cinnamon Pass? If so, which direction offers the best challenge?

·
Registered
198 Posts
I have not been so take this for what it is worth!! I have the Charles Wells Colorado trail guide and the solid section you have listed as trail 821 is called Lost Trail Creek (shown as #8 in the book). Shows open to ATV & SXS's. There is a trail (822) that leaves from 821 that says dirt bikes allowed but no ATV's.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Thanks Wingman, Lost Trail Creek shows connection onto Stony Pass aka 520 at coordinates, 37.771364, -107.356938. Looks like I can go north from here to connect to Wager Gulch then onto Cinnamon pass. Looks like a great CCW loop.

101 - 119 of 119 Posts