Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Planning a trip to silverlake.

I bought a front mount flag mount for my rzr already.

It looks like the only rules are (according to the website)
1. Must be mounted to the front of machine
2. Must be 10ft from the ground
Is there a rule on the type of "actual flag" that is on the top? Square, Triangle? Is this an acceptable flag? is there a better one out there?
https://www.amazon.com/Racing-Straight-Mount-Safety-Flag/dp/B006WBQQAE/ref=sr_1_9?keywords=offroad+sand+dune+flag&qid=1578774782&sr=8-9

Being Im out of state, according to the website, I will have to put 3 stickers on my RZR. Since I live almost 7 hours away, I don't want to put these stickers permanently on my machine. It might be a once a year trip or a 1 and done.
1. what are the rules for placement of the stickers?
2. is it 3 stickers per side or just the 3 stickers?
3. Could I mount a plate to my roll cage and put the stickers on them. (that way when I can remove when I got home) This is overkill but you can see what I am talking about

·
Registered
339 Posts
Check out this video. Appears all the flags are orange and most are rectangular. If it were me, get a cheap number plate for the stickers and zip tie it to the machine. Take it off if machine not secure when unattended.

May be able to get more info here:

·
Registered
218 Posts
The stickers are supposed to be visible from the rear. If you have the flag mount ready to go, you can buy flags almost anywhere in town there. Make sure your flag is tall enough or you will not get in.
Have fun and keep your eyes open. There can be a lot of activity there coming at you from any direction. If you can time it for a weekday you can avoid a lot of people. Also check into trailer vouchers. The parking lot gets full and spaces are limited. There is a new lot being built, but I am not sure where they are in that process yet. We were there in October and there was some overflow parking in the new lot.

·
Registered
283 Posts
How big is silver lake sand dunes? does anyone here have experience with silver lake and Little Sahara Oklahoma, how do they compare? Little Sahara is the only sand dunes I’ve ever been too. I would really like to see more

1 - 6 of 6 Posts