Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can somebody tell me if the flag is required to be mounted on the front of the razor at silver lake dunes or is the factory mount on the rear of the S ok? if they require on front where are you mounting them?

·
Registered
223 Posts
can somebody tell me if the flag is required to be mounted on the front of the razor at silver lake dunes or is the factory mount on the rear of the S ok? if they require on front where are you mounting them?
At Silver Lakes they definitely require a front mount.

To allow for quick removal;

There's a member here on RZR forums that just added a bracket to his front bumper and used a MILTON AIR COMPRESSOR (1/4" pipe threaded) quick change chuck, attached that to his flag (which is 1/2" coarse) and mounted the male air fitting to the bumper bracket.

·
Registered
4,184 Posts

There's a member here on RZR forums that just added a bracket to his front bumper and used a MILTON AIR COMPRESSOR (1/4" pipe threaded) quick change chuck, attached that to his flag (which is 1/2" coarse) and mounted the male air fitting to the bumper bracket.
Hey I think I know someone like that :)
A quick-disconnect with 1/4" pipe threads is close to the same size as the stud on a whip. Just jam it in there. Cross-threading is as good as Loctite...LOL

On a bumper: short bar bolted to one of the light-mounting holes:

No bumper? Piece of angle bracket bolted to bumper mount tab:

Several local businesses there sell various brackets & bars to mount whips. Even if you went unprepared you could use a longer bar & mount it through the winch opening to something solid.

·
Registered
223 Posts

Hey I think I know someone like that :)
A quick-disconnect with 1/4" pipe threads is close to the same size as the stud on a whip. Just jam it in there. Cross-threading is as good as Loctite...LOL

On a bumper: short bar bolted to one of the light-mounting holes:

No bumper? Piece of angle bracket bolted to bumper mount tab:

Several local businesses there sell various brackets & bars to mount whips. Even if you went unprepared you could use a longer bar & mount it through the winch opening to something solid.
1/4" pipe = 1/2" coarse thread, lol

What's the torque spec?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is there a bumper mount tab on a stock rzr-s? Like in your picture? Sorry I would look at mine however it is up at Silver Lake..... Trying to get prepared for this weekend.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Was there in August and they had me move the mount up front. Their requirement states if you strattle the seat the whip is mounted in the rear, if you sit in it...ie RZR then whip must be mounted up front. I drilled a hole in the front bumper and mounted it...simple. Be aware they are sound checking all machines and looking for USFA approved spark arresters, like the sand is suddenly going to burst into flames without one...LOL:rofl3:

·
Registered
882 Posts
Here is my setup for a flag mount:

I wish I could take credit for the design and build, but I have to give that to a member on Silver Lake Forum. He had his buddy who works at a machine shop fab up a few of these out of aluminum...he put one on his RZR and was kind enough to send me the other. I just threw on a air chuck quick-disconnect to save a little time in the dunes parking lot. Some flags have fine threads, some have course threads...if you get the fine threaded flags, the female 1/4" air fittings thread right on.

It is a great mount though, billet aluminum, and it is cut to fit directly over the stock mounting holes on the front grill. It survived a nice 10' endo out on the dunes last year, didn't even break the quick-disconnect.

Was there in August and they had me move the mount up front. Their requirement states if you strattle the seat the whip is mounted in the rear, if you sit in it...ie RZR then whip must be mounted up front. I drilled a hole in the front bumper and mounted it...simple. Be aware they are sound checking all machines and looking for USFA approved spark arresters, like the sand is suddenly going to burst into flames without one...LOL:rofl3:
I have been through that entrance a few hundred times and have never been sound checked. They don't do every vehicle, it is just random. If you give them a reason to test you though (like the guys with the loud ass 2-strokes who constantly feel the need to rev them to the sky), I can only imagine that they would pull you out of line and sound check you.

·
Registered
82 Posts
you need a 10' flag. I got sound checked on my quad the weekend after memorial day weekend. First time I had ever and I go twice a year for the last 3 years. Seemed like the rangers were heavy on people. Saw a guy get arrested in the parking lot.

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
The flag needs to reach 10' height & they have a pipe over the entrance to the dunes so the ranger doesn't even need to look. He just hears the "ting" of the whip hitting the pipe.

I've only been sound checked once. The ranger probably couldn't hear me idle for all the noise from the 2-smokes ahead & behind me :ride:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts