Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to put a signal light kit on my 2019 XP4 Ride Command. What are your suggestions? I would like to use the factory rear tail lights if possible.

·
Registered
883 Posts
I've used the Ryco kit on my last 2 rzrs. They use the original taillights and 3 small LEDs on each front fender. The last kit also uses the turn signal indicator in the speedometer, it doesn't flash, it just lights up. Nice feature if you forget to turn them off. A bit spendy but it works good. It also incorporates a horn button on the the turn signal arm. I'm happy with it.
Dwight

·
Registered
23 Posts
I installed signal lights on my Rzr several years ago since I drive on the streets in AZ. I've found that other drivers pay more attention to hand signals than the signal lights and have come to regard them as the least valuable upgrade I've done and a huge waste of time and money. Just my opinion.
Gary

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just received a kit from Corbin Custom Works for our 2019 XP1000 TRE.

Excellent product, direction and service.

My understanding is the turn signal indicator lights on the 2019 displays do not usually work correctly with any manufacturers kits.

Chris can now include 2 small LED bulbs to mount on the dash so you can easily see when you have your left or right turn signal activated.

We also installed a Corbin kit on our General that worked great... super easy installation. Didn't have the 2 extra LEDs for mounting on the dash and I was often forgetting I had a turn signal on. Wont have that problem on our XP1000.

Also... Chris's kit requires no splicing with the flimsy plastic T taps.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I installed signal lights on my Rzr several years ago since I drive on the streets in AZ. I've found that other drivers pay more attention to hand signals than the signal lights and have come to regard them as the least valuable upgrade I've done and a huge waste of time and money. Just my opinion.
Gary
I live in Az also - but Utah now requires the turn lights to be legal on pavement.

I bought a 40$ kit off ebay and it works perfect - fits into rear light covers with a hole drilled in the rear of the plastic lens. The wire cost more than the turn kit. I went with a dash mount toggle switch - it has LEDs mounted on each side on the switch to tell you they are on.

I would have sprung for the steering column control but my Garmin GPS is there.

·
Premium Member
230 Posts

My understanding is the turn signal indicator lights on the 2019 displays do not usually work correctly with any manufacturers kits.

Chris can now include 2 small LED bulbs to mount on the dash so you can easily see when you have your left or right turn signal activated.

We also installed a Corbin kit on our General that worked great... super easy installation. Didn't have the 2 extra LEDs for mounting on the dash and I was often forgetting I had a turn signal on. Wont have that problem on our XP1000.

Chris is awesome. I bought a 2 seat and 4 seat and ordered signal kits for both. He sent two 2 seat harnesses by mistake. It was a sunday when I installed these and I emailed him that sunday with the issue. Wasn’t 15 minutes and he responded with apologies and the following Tuesday correct harness was at my doorstep. Customer service.....Corbin Works has it and the product itself has had zero issues from day one. Im getting ready to trade my four seater and my new one will have Corbin signals

·
Registered
424 Posts
I have the XTC kit on mine. Integrates with the stock tail lamps, and they added two small yellow LEDs on the front corners. The brake lights/turn signals also integrate with my rear light bar for added visibility. I preferred a three-way toggle switch on the dash to the steering column lever, because most of the column mounted stalks are ugly and clumsy looking IMO. A separate switch on the dash controls the horn and four-way flashers. The toggle switch for the turn signals has LEDs to show when they're on, but I still forget and drive around with a turn signal on about half the time.

Turn signals aren't required to be street legal in AZ, but I do like the added safety. We occasionally ride in Utah, where turn signals are mandatory equipment to be street legal, so it's worth the investment just to not have to hassle with trailering around every time we go to Utah.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have the Corbin kit on mine as well. I had the dealer install it, so I’m not sure how easy that it, but it’s super clean. It looks totally factory.
The only thing I don’t love about it, for some reason the switch seems awkward. The placement is a little far away from the wheel. I’d also prefer it to switch left and right instead of up and down. Super super minor complaint, but it’d be perfect like that...imo.

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts

I have a Ryco turn indicator kit on my 2019 T&R and I got the factory turn indicators in the dash to work..

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts

I have a Ryco turn indicator kit on my 2019 T&R and I got the factory turn indicators in the dash to work.. Here is a pic with the emergency flashers working ..

View attachment 578296

·
Registered
34 Posts

I have a Ryco turn indicator kit on my 2019 T&R and I got the factory turn indicators in the dash to work.. Here is a pic with the emergency flashers working ..

View attachment 578296
Glad you got yours to work.

I couldn't get a definitive answer from any of the kit manufacturers guaranteeing they would work with my 2019 dash display.

Also... I read the installation instructions from the other manufacturers and didn't like the way you needed to splice into the brake light wire with the plastic T taps. I haven't had good luck with those connectors in the past. Chris's kit integrates into the factory wiring seamlessly for a nice clean installation.

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts

Also... I read the installation instructions from the other manufacturers and didn't like the way you needed to splice into the brake light wire with the plastic T taps. I haven't had good luck with those connectors in the past. Chris's kit integrates into the factory wiring seamlessly for a nice clean installation.
There work with a male/female connection.
Unplug your factory and plug these into it and into your tail lights- zero splicing- and you can also get a 4 second ( or so) flash from your brake light to get the driver behind attention-- all plug an play!!

Chris is top notch for sure- bought many products from him.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts